Support Forums

Full Version: Looking for a VMware ESXi Dedicated Server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Currently I'm looking, just for options at the moment, at possible solutions of getting a VMware ESXi dedicated server with unlimited bandwidth and about 16-32GB of Ram, about 1TB of hard disk space, and a decent processor.

I'm wanting to run a managed virtual lab with this. It'll run at max 15-20 VMware workstations at a given time, and at the cutoff will hold a que. I want it where people can use ESXi player to connect to these respective vmware to conduct hands on training with specifically designed training modules. If there's an over-limit, they'll have to wait until someone else logs off before they can start their vmware workstation.

I can't pay out my butt for this, and it's not something I'm wanting "now" so I have time to look around. I need to first setup good, professional, training modules on things such as penetration testing, backtrack, server administration, etc. etc.

Right now I'm looking for good price quotes. In order for someone to be using my virtual lab, they'll be required to pay for access, which will help pay for the hosting and management.

So, if anyone can, just give me some good price quotes, I'm looking for the cheapest price for the most offered, but if I can't get that then I'll HAVE to settle for something more costly. I'm guessing it's going to be between $100-300 a month. For 10 people to have access to these for one month at $300.00 a month for hosting they'd have to pay around $30-40 a month for access. This will pay for hosting as well as extra expenses as issues are just going to happen. Eventually we'll hopefully have up to 100 members accessing these vmware servers (In which case I might have to move up to two, or even more), but the cost charged to the members will be lowered considerably depending on how many people a month we are giving access to. On top of that, the more activity we have, the more of a chance our teachers could get paid for teaching and writing modules.
I don't think there is unlimited bandwidth server.
Not in the sense you're thinking of, but company's that don't limit bandwidth are there, you're just limited to whatever can get through the wires. What speed connection are you looking for?

for those specs you're looking at close to $400 more than likely depending on the connection speed and if you manage it yourself or not.