Support Forums

Full Version: Weirdest wireless issue ever
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an Emachines T3642 desktop, and I tried to add wifi to it. I used my PCI wifi card, and it wouldn't let me connect to my own network, even with the proper drivers. I assumed it was that the card was damaged, so I bought a wireless N usb adapter, and the same thing happened. It always says "connecting to the network is taking longer than usual" then it gives me options that take me in a complete circle. I am running Vista by the way. I have tried 7, and it works, but there aren't compatible Nvidia drivers for my card in 7. Also, about an hour ago, a new network called "Native wireless network" appeared, and it keeps trying to force me to connect to it. I really don't know what to about this. Does anyone have any suggestions, or a solution to this puzzling anomaly?
I've never used Vista but I only hear bad things about it, so that could be part of the problem. Aside from that, try reinstalling the drivers, unplugging and plugging back in your router and/or modem, and if you have to try re-setting up your wireless network.

When you say there aren't compatible Nvidia drivers in Windows 7 I assume you're talking about your graphics card. I find that hard to believe since 7 seems to support everything and automatically finds drivers for hardware attached.

Make sure you're not too far away from your network, but the problem seems to be with Vista.
Thanks for your advice Nemmyy. Yeah, Vista is terrible, it's very incompatible with hardware, especially legacy devices. I fixed the problem by installing 7 again though. You were right about 7, I just had to go directly to the Nvidia site, and I got the right drivers for my onboard graphics and my graphics card. Smile
No problem dude, glad everything fixed up.
The problem is to do with your operating system.

Vista seems to be very glitchy. Just try googling your problem, I'm sure you are not the only person.
(06-02-2010, 04:41 PM)RTM xBEASTx Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is to do with your operating system.

Vista seems to be very glitchy. Just try googling your problem, I'm sure you are not the only person.

Yeah, it is Vista. I solved the issue by installing Windows 7, which I was reading was literally meant to be the "ultimate solution to Vista". I hate how Vista has trouble with legacy devices and drivers.
I'm glad you solved your problem. Can this be locked, then?
Yeah, go ahead Elektrisk. Smile