Support Forums

Full Version: Graphics Card's Heat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just got a new case for my computer that is supposed to have much better airflow than the one I had before, and I've noticed my processor temps have went down drastically. However, my graphics card temps seem a little high.
I have an XFX Radeon 4870 and it idles at around 70 - 75 degrees C and it reaches up to 95 or so while gaming. I've read some places say that's kind of high, while another says the chip was designed to take up to 120 without damage. Could anyone tell me if this is normal?
My Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 idles at around 50°C, and maxes out at 72°C. I think yours is a bit hot...
Seems to be pretty high, but I think you're fine as long as it doesn't get damaged in any way by the temperature.
Thats what I'm worried about... I even added an extra exhaust fan right next to the card, and its still the same... Any ideas on how to lower it?
Hmm, I recommend you see a professional to get the card checked out.
i did... he seems to think its normal... im playing eve online right now, and its topping at about 90 c or so
(05-28-2010, 03:44 PM)Austneal Wrote: [ -> ]i did... he seems to think its normal... im playing eve online right now, and its topping at about 90 c or so

Well if he says it's normal then it must be. If it does do anything tell him.
Well, i just called tech support for the card, and the guy said upper 80's is normal. It is kinda hot in the room, so I'll take it somewhere a little cooler and see how much that helps
What's the temperature in the room?
I would say 80 F, maybe a little higher
Pages: 1 2