Support Forums

Full Version: What's the best occupation related to computer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I want to know what occupation that can give me lots of salary. I've heard that the best way to earn lots of money is through Internet Marketing and Hacking. I don't know if that's true. I wanna know because I want to start learning that. Can you tell me some?
Personally, I would like to become a computer technician or something in the same "line of work".
Software (or computer systems) engineer (with an actual Engineering degree) is the path into most of your high paying IT jobs. Being a tech/sysadmin/code monkey is no fun and poor pay.
Penetration Tester must be my favorite.
Now I started to learn Computer Graphics.
Hmm, not really an occupation but if you're good at it you can make a lottt of cash by being a webmaster.
Game beta tester; Oh how I'd have so much fun doing that as an occupation and getting paid to do so.
(05-31-2010, 05:15 AM)Aerosexy Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, not really an occupation but if you're good at it you can make a lottt of cash by being a webmaster.
How do you figure? I doubt even Omni makes "good cash", he might even make less than he could in a regular full time job but it allows him to stay at home with his kids which I'm sure is more than worth more than any salary sacrifice he is taking.

(05-31-2010, 05:54 PM)iLuSiVe Wrote: [ -> ]Game beta tester; Oh how I'd have so much fun doing that as an occupation and getting paid to do so.

I don't think these are usually full time things, unless by tester you mean like software QA (in which case you would be getting your hands very dirty in the code and probably not the fun you were thinking of) I think most of the "game testers" your thinking of would do the job casually and would have to have day jobs as well to support themselves.

How about an IP lawyer? Thats sort of computer related and pays very well Tongue
(05-31-2010, 06:01 PM)Tim Wrote: [ -> ]How do you figure? I doubt even Omni makes "good cash", he might even make less than he could in a regular full time job but it allows him to stay at home with his kids which I'm sure is more than worth more than any salary sacrifice he is taking.

Omni own's forums. I wasn't talking about forums, I was talking sites in general. With all the new types of making money, you can tweak those methods to maximize profits. For example; website flipping, it's like house flipping but online. Or you could make a sharing site like $hare cash or Envirofile. Whatever, different methods come out regularly, it's up to you how you use them.
(05-31-2010, 05:54 PM)iLuSiVe Wrote: [ -> ]Game beta tester; Oh how I'd have so much fun doing that as an occupation and getting paid to do so.

Ah, I was going to say to be young and naive, but then I realised you're actually older than me.

Game testing is not the fun job people expect it to be. It really is more like this.
I would be a PLC programmer.
Pages: 1 2 3