Support Forums

Full Version: How to circvumvent a Counter Strike ban.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Sometimes when u use cheats in CS you get banned and you cant play on that sever again.To prevent this just copy config.cfg located in cstrike folder to some other location
and when you get banned just replace the config.cfg in cstrike folder with the one you copied before and reset your router.

Now try again to connect to server you have been banned from!

Voila You are IN!!!

Enjoy!!
Thanks for the nice share I will test it out dude.Have you truen this?
Im glad I can help.
Yes I tried it it works for sure!!!!!!
(05-23-2010, 09:19 AM)BladeCNH Wrote: [ -> ]Im glad I can help.
Yes I tried it it works for sure!!!!!!

Thanks for the ffast answer I learned BladeCNH.
No problems.
Why pass thru all that crap when you can just reconnect your router?
Sometimes that wont help.I got banned 2 and reconnecting couldnt help me so I had to delete config.cfg but from than I always make backup of the file cos when you delete the original you cant buy anything in the game.
Or when you played about 5-6 years counter-strike you would know how to write your own config.cfg!
If you're steam id banned then this won't matter. Also the whole changing your config.cfg shouldn't matter. There is no data in there that's going to be part of a ban. It's the router reset that might change your IP which if you're IP banned would would help. However most ISP's are still going to give you the same IP on router reset unless maybe it's DSL or dial-up.
I forgot to add that. Thanks Omniscient. If you are playing on a Steam server, they will most likely ban your STEAMID from the server and not the IP. You should try reconnecting the router if you are playing on a non-steam server.
Pages: 1 2