Support Forums

Full Version: AdminsForum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alright first of all, I'm not going to give you a sales pitch, but I'd like to see what everyone thinks of it. I do not own the site, I just administrate it, but I am the main admin and I am currently developing the site and I would like to make it the best that it can be.

The site URL is: http://www.adminsforum.com
Description: Everything from managing a community, monetization, promotion, security, interaction, technical queries... you name it. An admin needs to be aware and updated. At AdminsForum, we have exactly the kind of professional attitude you would need to build a superior community.

Please focus on the aesthetics and the layout of the forum, due to the fact that we are in the beginning stages and we do not have very much activity.

I'll share my intial thoughts with you:
-Domain doesn't sound great
-Don't like the picture of the nerdy guy
-Needs a favicon (This will be added when I get to it.)

Also if you would like to register please don't hesitate to, even though the forum will be undergoing changes I will still be posting.
I wonder if I'll be reinstated as administrator there. Nothing much has changed.

I disagree with you on the theme/graphic - the render is perfectly appropriate and suits the theme very well. I agree that, after a while, it gets boring to the eye, but that's why you can switch the colour scheme.

Keep it up.
(05-22-2010, 10:49 PM)Malware Boss Wrote: [ -> ]I disagree with you on the theme/graphic - the render is perfectly appropriate and suits the theme very well. I agree that, after a while, it gets boring to the eye, but that's why you can switch the colour scheme.

Keep it up.

Hmm, it just seems like the render looks too professional, and at some point people are driven away because it almost seems businesslike instead of a discussion forum.

Also I've actually rebuilt the entire forum structure because I just thought it didn't fit right in. I'm also planning on adding more features but I'm posting this just after I've finished the layout and I'm going to bed, so there will be more soon.

Anyway if you want, we can talk a bit on MSN, just shoot me a PM.
No worries. IMO, I'd leave the theme - I think they did a great job.
The theme. SEXY!

The domain: It's fine, it's nice and simple which is good for traffic.
(05-22-2010, 11:29 PM)Malware Boss Wrote: [ -> ]No worries. IMO, I'd leave the theme - I think they did a great job.

(05-23-2010, 02:29 AM)Rozzy Wrote: [ -> ]The theme. SEXY!

Yeah, I mean I think the theme is great it was just the logo.

As for the domain, I think it's pretty good but something like adminforums.com would be better if we could get our hands on it.

More comments anyone?
(05-23-2010, 09:10 AM)Jake Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-23-2010, 02:29 AM)Rozzy Wrote: [ -> ]The theme. SEXY!

Yeah, I mean I think the theme is great it was just the logo.

As for the domain, I think it's pretty good but something like adminforums.com would be better if we could get our hands on it.

More comments anyone?

I talked to Amit about the theme, and we've decided to leave it as it is. The Admins'Forum'.com domain is the same as most other CF domains in that it has 'Forum' and not 'Forums' in it. E.G. BloggersForum, DesignersForum, eCurrencyForum, etc.
The site isn't that bad. It looks pretty professional. Thumbsup
(05-23-2010, 02:56 PM)Malware Boss Wrote: [ -> ]I talked to Amit about the theme, and we've decided to leave it as it is. The Admins'Forum'.com domain is the same as most other CF domains in that it has 'Forum' and not 'Forums' in it. E.G. BloggersForum, DesignersForum, eCurrencyForum, etc.

It's the 'admins' part. Last time I checked people don't search Admins Forum or Admins Forums when they search Google. But tbh I think it's fine, but I just think it's not the best.

Also, thanks robbie.

Anyway I just finished the layout so I guess that turned out alright since no one's commented on it.
(05-23-2010, 03:28 PM)Jake Wrote: [ -> ]It's the 'admins' part. Last time I checked people don't search Admins Forum or Admins Forums when they search Google. But tbh I think it's fine, but I just think it's not the best.

Also, thanks robbie.

Anyway I just finished the layout so I guess that turned out alright since no one's commented on it.

Yeah, it seems fine
Pages: 1 2