Support Forums

Full Version: Problems with a girl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have liked this girl for a long time. We are friends and I am pretty sure she likes me too. I am worried that if I ask her out, and she rejects me, it will ruin our friendship. What should I do? Also, how do I find out for sure if she likes me?

Thanks,
alfonzo1955
If you're in the friend zone, it's very hard to get out of it. Maybe you should ignore her for a while. Make her come crawling to you.
(05-22-2010, 05:05 PM)Ragalshnagal Wrote: [ -> ]If you're in the friend zone, it's very hard to get out of it. Maybe you should ignore her for a while. Make her come crawling to you.

Will that work? Also, if she does not actually like me, will that ruin our friendship?
If you ask her out, it probably won't affect your friendship, just keep level headed if she says no. Act like it didn't really affect you (don't be a dickhead though).
(05-22-2010, 08:06 PM)alfonzo1955 Wrote: [ -> ]Will that work? Also, if she does not actually like me, will that ruin our friendship?

No, ignoring her doesn't work at all.

I say just go for it. Might as well be direct, and don't make it really dramatic so it will destroy your relationship.
(05-22-2010, 08:12 PM)Jake Wrote: [ -> ]No, ignoring her doesn't work at all.

I say just go for it. Might as well be direct, and don't make it really dramatic so it will destroy your relationship.

The purpose of this is to keep yourself at a distance. Ignoring her was a bad word to use. I meant to say, be friendly, but not too friendly. Don't spend as much time with her as you do now. She will come looking for you. Then you ask her to hang out.

Bunch of my friends did that to get out and now they have girlfriends.
Be casual about it. "I was wondering if you wanted to get a drink later..." - it doesn't impose your friendship status if she rejects you.
(05-22-2010, 09:04 PM)Ragalshnagal Wrote: [ -> ]The purpose of this is to keep yourself at a distance. Ignoring her was a bad word to use. I meant to say, be friendly, but not too friendly. Don't spend as much time with her as you do now. She will come looking for you. Then you ask her to hang out.

Bunch of my friends did that to get out and now they have girlfriends.

I think that does kind of make sense, but it doesn't seem like it would build a romantic relationship as much as it would just reinstate your old friendship. I guess it's kind of like the "hard to get" tactic.

Anyway, that's just my .02 Whistle
Dude imho i would say that if you are her friend,do not ruin it and make her feel bad by being a one sided lover.
umm..do whatever u feel appropriate..cuz none of us in this forum know u or the level of friendship u share with her..
but just make sure that u let her know that u like her...
maybe just giving out a hint through a common friend will be nice...
in that way u can get to know whats in her mind..
Pages: 1 2