Support Forums

Full Version: [TuT/Guide]My tips for smudging
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok alot of my sigs are smudging and im good at it so i'd thought i'd share my style of smudging also rules/tips you should follow.

SMUDGING
Ok to start smudging to be very honest you to download some good smudging brushes i got myn from a good gfx site, i cant advertise so just google photoshop smudge brushes.

[color=#4682B4]
Sub section
: Creating Your background with smudging.
normaly i duplicate the render a few times (ctrl +j while render is selected)
using a Chalk brush is good for a BG about size 50-70px i use these settings alot of the time

[Image: smudgesettings.png]

scattering so the smudging doesnt just look like pixel stretching, smudging with quite large strokes make sure its flows in the same direction or somthing like this [\\\\\/////] like up right and up left normaly works well. you can also use stocks that fit the colour of your render to smudge for the BG.

Sub section: creating Effects
creating effect are pretty much making your sig look coolio basicaly with making effects you want a smaller brush like 20px i somtimes duplicate my render again make it smaller and smudge it with the small brush (downloaded brushes for smudging) i do this a few times making sure it fits the signature and also flows i try diffrent blending modes, soft light,overlay, lighten normaly works well. i would go more indepth with FX but im finding it hard to explain it ill update this thread when i can think up more stuff.

Sub section:Blending and Depth
while making a sig you want everthing to blend with your render take out a chalk brush yes again chalk! very small this time 5-10px and smudge your renders out lines only a bit though. also make sure you have good colours so nothing that doesnt blend well together.
Depth is important it makes your signature more real looking and 3D to create god Depth i place Fx and objects behind the render and infront of the render. blurring stuff around the render and sharpening the render creates good depth too

ill be updating this post every now and then
Need help with anything on ps? ask me and ill try and give you hand.
hope you like my tuts
good tutorial, you should specify in the thread title that it's for photoshop.
Thanks and you can use alot of this in pretty much any Graphics software. just the settings for Ps
Good tutorial. You should format it with some simple MyBB tags to make it easier to read.
Nice tutorial .
Good tutorial, good job on it.
Good tut! Big Grin
I appreciate it! Smile
Thanks For this it will help me in the future.
Thanks for the guide, it helped me, very useful tips.