Support Forums

Full Version: Simplicity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I decided to re-do my hosting service's website, as the old one was just the THT theme coloured green. What do you think? I wanted to keep it simple, but would you say it looks *too* simple?

http://bombspace.net/

Opinions appreciated.
I love it.
Using the word "suck" doesn't look very professional unless you have some stupid ad campaign to go with it...

It looks like a scam site to be honest.
Too simplistic in my opinion.
(05-15-2010, 11:49 PM)Extasey Wrote: [ -> ]Using the word "suck" doesn't look very professional unless you have some stupid ad campaign to go with it...

I did originally have a stupid ad campaign to go with it. The original site from February dropped F-bombs. But you're right, I should probably can that crap.

(05-15-2010, 11:49 PM)Extasey Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like a scam site to be honest.

Elaborate.
Its too simplistic. Just looks like you've made a html file(tree) in word and published it then slapped some client area crap on top!
You could get some graphics done, or maybe general site design.
Added a background gradient and cleaned up the language, I may do more later.

NearlyFreeSpeech pulled off the simplicity approach, so I thought I'd try it.
You can't zoom everything from your page. Try to make some fonts bigger and some fonts smaller. (The most important bigger, of course!)
Definitely too simple. The font is way too large, and you need at least a logo/banner or something.
I like it. With this type of style, words and layout count. I suggest for left-aligned text:

Code:
I assume you're here because
you've spent all day looking for
a decent web host. Well, you've
found one! We offer up to XXxx
of storage, and we guarantee
friendly support, 99.9% uptime,
and fast servers!

This focuses on what you do rather than don't offer, and it corrects misspelling for "guarantee."

For the right-aligned text, this will correct the orphaned words and misplaced capitalisation:

Code:
Be your own hosting company
and make money today!
Click "Resellers" above
to get started!

Satisfaction assured.
Or get a full refund!

Let me know if it is of help!
Pages: 1 2