Support Forums

Full Version: How do you tell someone you like them?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, normally I could tell a girl but how do you tell a guy?

He's 16 (I'm 15) and we get along really well, have similar interests and just stuff of that sort. Sometimes it seems like he wants to be more than friends but I just can't tell. I don't know how he'd react if I just asked him/told him. Then things would be really awkward between us and I don't want that.

I'm not gay, at least I don't think. I think I'm bi but I'm not 100% sure. I'm attracted to females and males sexually, though more towards guys when it comes to "talking".
In my opinion you shouldn't tell a guy that you like them before you are 100% sure that they are gay or bi too. Otherwise you are just ruining a friendship between you two.
So, how close of friends are y'all? Like Support said, you should be 100% certain that he's bisexual or gay before dropping the bomb. Test the water with him. Find a way to smoothly incorporate gays/bis in y'all's conversation and see how he reacts. You can always be like, "My cousin told me he was gay today." or something like that and see what he says. If he acts homophobic, then clearly you aren't gonna wanna pursue this. I have been in your position, and I know that it sucks. You want him badly, but despite not knowing if he'd even like you, you have to be sure that he even likes the same sex. It can be tough, but if it works out, it's worth it. THINK IT THROUGH, though. Don't just dive in there and say, "Hey, I like you." That will ruin everything. Be flirtatious in a way that could be interpreted as just messing around. You know how straight guys do. Also, does he know you're bi or whatever? If y'all're close enough, maybe you should come out to him. This would be a great way of finding out if he is, 'cause chances are, if he's bi/gay, he's gonna tell you when you come out.

Good luck.
We're pretty good friends, we've only known each other for like a year but I mean, we're close I guess. We are both interested in programming (that's what class we met in lol, I feel stupid saying this xD) and some other misc. stuff.

I guess I will try something like that, I "flirt" with him sometimes, he just lol's and smiles Tongue I think he likes it though lolololol

But yeah, he hangs out with a lot of bi/les/gay people so I don't see why he wouldn't be. Oh and it's probably important to mention he has a GF atm.

Someone else I like (a girl, yes I know, finally) likes me back but I just like her physically, not really "talky"-i-ish.

I must have something wrong with me to tell everyone on the internet my life, perhaps I am that sad. Least here I don't get judged as much ^_^

I'll see him Monday, we have Honors Algebra II class together, he's awesomely smart (he's not nerdy though).

Yeah, I get off topic a lot, I know.

I need a good place to like actually talk to him, in class isn't good of a place because people are always talking to him. I would try to at lunch but I'd feel uncomfortable sitting with him and his friends, when class changes it's a mess in the hallways so..

He said he might come over to my house during the summer so I guess that's the best time to "come-out"?

Why can't I be normal Sad

If my parents knew they'd hate me and I don't want to tell some of my friends because I know it would change things, well with some.
Quote:We're pretty good friends, we've only known each other for like a year but I mean, we're close I guess. We are both interested in programming (that's what class we met in lol, I feel stupid saying this xD) and some other misc. stuff.

Don't feel stupid -_- Programming requires intelligence.

Quote:Oh and it's probably important to mention he has a GF atm.

I'm sorry, but this is a red flag. Even if he is bi or gay or whatever, you have to consider the girl's feelings. It'd be like you dating a guy and another guy trying to get up on your boyfriend. You wouldn't appreciate it, and she wouldn't appreciate you trying to seduce her boyfriend.

Quote:I must have something wrong with me to tell everyone on the internet my life, perhaps I am that sad. Least here I don't get judged as much ^_^

That's the thing; we don't know you. If you wanted, you could stop talking to us altogether. It's not like that irl, so it's harder to talk with people about your problems.

Quote:I need a good place to like actually talk to him, in class isn't good of a place because people are always talking to him. I would try to at lunch but I'd feel uncomfortable sitting with him and his friends, when class changes it's a mess in the hallways so..

Why don't you add him on Facebook or MySpace, and get his number?

Quote:He said he might come over to my house during the summer so I guess that's the best time to "come-out"?

I personally would rather do it via text or online, 'cause it'd be less awkward, but you can do it irl if you want. Just be casual about it.

Quote:Why can't I be normal

The way you say this implies that you think gay people aren't "normal". No, LGBT people aren't 'normal' in the sense that we are the minority, but we aren't defective or something.

Quote:If my parents knew they'd hate me and I don't want to tell some of my friends because I know it would change things, well with some.

If people judge you because of your sexuality, they don't deserve your love, time, or attention.
Sorry to offend you by the normal comment, I guess I just have fully accepted who I am. I guess I'm wanting to be someone I'm not.

I already have his number, we text each other. He helped me on the midterm :3

Yeah, I totally forgot about his GF, I am not trying to steal him or anything. Thanks for mentioning that, it changes things now. Guess I will just have to try to find someone else to replace him.

Regarding my parents I think my mom would be a little stunned but my dad most of all. He's what I call a "manly man" so I don't think he would react well.

Gay or bi people are fine in my eyes, they are who they want to be and nothing is wrong with that. But like I said, I guess I haven't accepted who I am.

Thanks for your time and help and I don't mean to offend you or anyone else.
Quote:Sorry to offend you by the normal comment, I guess I just have fully accepted who I am. I guess I'm wanting to be someone I'm not.

I wasn't offended. I was merely trying to give you perspective. I went through the same thing. Every LGBT person does.

Quote:I already have his number, we text each other. He helped me on the midterm :3

OK, well, that's good.

Quote:Regarding my parents I think my mom would be a little stunned but my dad most of all. He's what I call a "manly man" so I don't think he would react well.

My dad is a construction worker. His dad is a mechanic. No matter what your parents say about gays and such, it all changes when someone they know (especially their son) ends up being one. They are not going to throw out 15 years of raising you just because you are different.

Quote:Thanks for your time and help and I don't mean to offend you or anyone else.

Sure thing Smile
You-"Hey sup?"

Other guy-"Hey"

you-"(insert how you feel here)"

Other guy-"Really me too!"

Or maybe something along those lines.
(05-14-2010, 06:33 PM)Kittenshark Wrote: [ -> ]You-"Hey sup?"

Other guy-"Hey"

you-"(insert how you feel here)"

Other guy-"Really me too!"

Or maybe something along those lines.

That doesnt work all the time like in the movies bro, sadly.
(05-14-2010, 06:37 PM)Flashlight Wrote: [ -> ]That doesnt work all the time like in the movies bro, sadly.

When does that happen in the moives?

Just what I do.
Pages: 1 2