Support Forums

Full Version: Help with my iMac
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been having trouble for the last few weeks with my iMac G5 PowerPC it's running 10.5.8 and I have a 1.8 Ghz Processor with 1.5 GB DDR SDRAM.

It's running really slow lately especially the internet and sites like Hulu, which up till the last few weeks have been running just fine. I have run Disk Utility and it says all is fine. Any advice on what the problem may be?

Thanks. Thumbsup
The way you describe it, it sounds like only your internet is lagging. Did you want to go more into detail?
Well there is also a sort of flicker in the top task bar the one with the apple symbol and finder and the rest. It just flickers like there is a problem but the Disk Utility says there is no issue. The internet takes a while to boot up and pages are slow to load. The below task bar with all my apps is slow to respond as well when it pops up. I don't really know what else to tell you.

Hope that helps?
Hmm. It sounds like more of a disk issue than anything, but I'm not too sure. I'll do some research in it and get back to you.
For joke:

For real: What browser are you using? What is the CPU and RAM usage while browsing static HTML pages? What about when you go to streaming?
Try a more resource-friendly browser like Chrome.
Try opera, It runs really great on mac. That's what I am using.