Support Forums

Full Version: Steam install/download problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have had steam for ages, and never really used it for any means other then communication.
The other day my mate gave me CS:S, of course it wouldn't install because it's linked to his account so he gave me that as well.
The installer (running off the disc) would get most of the way through, then try to access "counter-strike shared.gcf" and tell me it couldn't find it. I went to the folder it was suposedly looking in, and it was there. :S
After trying to install it about 1000 times, I went to the client to try and install the game by downloading it. I got to about 46% and then it says "download suspended".
Heres a screenshot:
[Image: nnjdcez55a6xggr0penr.png]

It refuses to start again! WTF? I can try clicking the small pause button twice and it may download 30kb, but it will stop after that. The "resume all" button just sits there doing crap all.
Check if your account is banned, press the Steam button then Settings and check if you're banned in the window that pops up.
Forgot to mention, this happens on both my account (with a guest pass that has been sent and activated) and the account that owns the game. Neither are banned,
Steam Client Wrote:VAC Status: In good standing
Maybe your friend logged back into his account he is lending you?
Nah, it said the account hadn't been used since the Wednesday two weeks prior.
Press the steam button at the top left, go to settings and then go to the "Downloads" tab, look for the location drop down menu and then change it to something else closer to you.

Tell me if that works.
This is very strange dude, have u tried to uninstall Steam ?. If you have and it didn't work . Then i'm sorry and wish u good luck.
(05-11-2010, 11:18 PM)Ionica Wrote: [ -> ]Press the steam button at the top left, go to settings and then go to the "Downloads" tab, look for the location drop down menu and then change it to something else closer to you.

Tell me if that works.

(05-12-2010, 03:38 AM)m EGa^ Wrote: [ -> ]This is very strange dude, have u tried to uninstall Steam ?. If you have and it didn't work . Then i'm sorry and wish u good luck.

Tried both of these, and both failed.
I dumped the contents of the disc into the respective appadata folder, and the client lost 4% of the overall download. This didn't bother me at first because it started downloading again, but as soon as it got that 4% back again, the download wass suspended. :@
I've started to install Day of Defeat: Source, its gotten to 80% very slowly... but it still seems to be going. I don't understand why CS:S won't install. The original account owner hasn't played since I received the account, but was able to install and play them both! WTF?
Maybe someone else is on it?
Just a thought.
Hope you fix it.
If you're Steam download suspended I think you have real problems. You should try to restart steam and download again. You might even have to go as far as deleting any temporary downloaded files. Steam downloads can be suspended for a number of reasons.
Pages: 1 2