Support Forums

Full Version: [RESOLVED] Force quick-reply on users?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For some odd reason, many users on my forum suddenly (and sporadically) had their "show quick reply" box unchecked from their profiles.

Is there anyway to force this setting upon everyone, so I don't have to go back and check every profile to make sure it's checked?

It's already set up as a default option for new registrations, but how can I force it upon a usergroup immediately? Quick reply is not an option in the group permissions.
PHP Code:
UPDATE `mybb_usersSET `showquickreply` = '1'
I'm sorry, I'm sure this is obvious @[MattR] but where do I go to do that in the templates?
Did u make this site?
Or are you admin?
(05-10-2010, 02:55 PM)elvenpure Wrote: [ -> ]Did u make this site?
Or are you admin?

The forums is a popular theme but yes to both.

I just did some reading and found out I needed to go to my database. I found the location for mybb_users but I'm not sure how to set things globally from there.

I understand "UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `showquickreply ` = '1'; " refers to changing the value to on, but I'm not sure how to do that all at once. Perhaps I'm doing it wrong?

I've gone to SQL part to run what was directed, however when I click go it tells me the format or what not is not correct.

#1054 - Unknown column 'showquickreply ' in 'field list' (the image below is for reference, I realize that it is entered incorrectly in the image below)

[Image: ifoldg.png]
Never mind guys! Problem solved! It seems you accidentally put an extra space between showquickreply and the quotation mark! I'm dumb (: Thanks for the help guys.
So I did, my bad.