Support Forums

Full Version: [RANT] Miranda Cosgrove
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For many of you that may not know, Miranda Cosgrove is the main actress in the (sadly) popular T.V show, "iCarly".

She has been the actress in iCarly for a few years now. Previously she played the sister in "Drake and Josh". And now, out of NOWHERE, she's suddenly a famous singer.

A few examples are listed below.

^ This one really annoys me. I will explain why below.

She has never had any public practice singing, and now she is even more popular to to society because she sings?! Not cool.

For one thing

I believe she is 15 years old. Does she really know what the outcome of this much publicity will be? That's practically throwing your life away. The media, molded her into their own little advocate practically.

"oh, she's 15, but lets slap all this make up on her, give her a sexy fake voice, and try to pass her off as 20!". Look what's happening to kids these days. She's to young to understand how potentially damaging this could/probably will be, in the future. She's probably just caught up in the moment of "wow, everyone loves me, how could this possibly go wrong"

That video of her "in studio" is recorded in music video format. In other words, it's not her in studio. It's just another music video, except she's pretending she's live recording in that one. Also, notice how it sounds exactly the same as the music video.

MOVING ON

Next video is probably the best one. Please take a moment to watch just part of it at least.

That is obviously lip syncing. It sounds like a blended track. It's where they mix the recorded song with the singers real voice. (you can find that quoted on the highest rated comments of that video). She's lip syncing.

FINAL PART OF MY RANT

The last thing I would like to mention in my rant, is that she possesses no talent. She is getting heaps of money for this, and possesses no talent what so ever. If you think about it, she's putting people out of a job. There are people that have been working their whole lives to sing like that, and hopefully get public recognition for it, and make a living from their life's effort. But then Miranda comes along and steals their talent. She already has publicity. Mix the two, and bam. You have yourself some good income that took virtually no work achieving. She's the next Miley Cyrus.

It's just not fair. And it's sad how she will be living her life in the future. And she doesn't even know it yet.

-Pink Floyd

[/rant]
Disney can do wonders for a career. I'm not sure she is the next Miley Cyrus but I won't doubt she gets on the Billboard charts for a couple weeks.
Regardless of how annoyed you are by her, you have to admit that you have to have some talent to get where she is and put in some hard work.
I saw her once in a magazine or something. Her big ass cheeks are annoying as fudge.
She's ugly overall.
(05-09-2010, 06:21 PM)Omniscient Wrote: [ -> ]Disney can do wonders for a career. I'm not sure she is the next Miley Cyrus but I won't doubt she gets on the Billboard charts for a couple weeks.

Probably. Well, I can see it happening. Miley Cyrus strayed away from Disney and is doing her thing now.. As far as Miranda, because she's a human being, like all of us, I'm just going to wish her the best..

(05-09-2010, 06:40 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: [ -> ]Regardless of how annoyed you are by her, you have to admit that you have to have some talent to get where she is and put in some hard work.

I'm not really annoyed by her, it's a rather annoying concept, and it leaves a funny taste in my mouth, but I'm not truly annoyed. And no, I disagree. I don't think it cost her any hard work. Nore do I feel she has any talent. I mean just look some stuff up. Do you see any videos of her singing before this year? She just up and came out of nowhere with an amazing voice and thousands of new fans.

All I'm saying, is that our Media is so good at turning people into what they are not.