Support Forums

Full Version: [help] internet data running out too fast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello a friend of mine has been reaching his data cap way too fast the last few months since some neighbours moved next door.
He first thought it was telecoms fault so he switched to vodafone internet but it's still the same.
And now it gets weird he has a wiered connection going through ethernet cable from his modem as far as I know he does not have wireless on so how could the other guys use his interent.
One of my opinions is that he has a RAT or some sort of thing and using his computer as a proxy.
Could this be possible.
Is there anyway to cheack where all the data is going?

Apparently he called up vodafone and they said all data was out bound
Could this mean he has a bot that is used for ddosing ?

This is quite a big problem for him since where we live you get lucky to have a 15gb interent connection.
Nobody got anything
Go to start and click run. Enter "perfmon.exe" and hit enter. A window should come up with lots of statistics (at least it does for windows 7).
Tell me what happens
Is there anything in particular I don't have access to his computer ( his has got vista )
I don't really get what the graph is about could you explain it a little bit
if you run perfmon.exe, open the resource monitor, and go to the network tab, you can see all your connections. See if anything looks wrong/google all of them and try to see if they don't belong.
I can't help much more since you don't have direct access to it.
Maybe he's internet is unsecured? and neighbours are connecting to it and using up all of his bandwith?
(05-08-2010, 09:31 PM)† KaLaShNiKoV † Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe he's internet is unsecured? and neighbours are connecting to it and using up all of his bandwith?

dude read the whole post first. He doesn't have wireless running anymore.
(05-08-2010, 09:31 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: [ -> ]dude read the whole post first. He doesn't have wireless running anymore.
Oh sorry, Well then it might be something in the background or even someone that knows your user-pw for your internet.. i remember i used to share a friends when i used his user and password try changing it doing a full sys scan make sure nothing is on his computer.