Support Forums

Full Version: Raise FPS in Starcraft 2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, I just got in the starcraft 2 beta, and I was very excited. However, when I begin playing I notice I'm getting extremely low fps. Which, well isn't good. Does anyone have any suggestions on to fix my problem?

System Specs:
------------------
# Operating system:Windows 2.6.0.6001 (SP 1)
# CPU typeTongueentium® Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz
# CPU Speed (GHz):2.52
# System memory (GB):3.748
# Graphics card model:NVIDIA GeForce 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i
# Graphics card driver:nvd3dum.dll
# Desktop resolution:1024x768
# Hard disk size (GB):186.309
# Hard disk free space (GB):72.712
--------------------
Close unnecessary programs running in the background, update gpu drivers, overclock maybe?
Do what syntaX said and if necessary lower the resolution you're playing at.
(05-06-2010, 07:49 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: [ -> ]Do what syntaX said and if necessary lower the resolution you're playing at.

I play at the lowest resolution. aswell I tryd closing all the background programs. I also tryd something called "Game Booster" which disables unneccary programs. But nothing worked.
I'm going to try updating my drivers, Ill post back when I get any resualts. Also, what is "overclocking"?
(05-06-2010, 07:55 PM)nevets04 Wrote: [ -> ]I play at the lowest resolution. aswell I tryd closing all the background programs. I also tryd something called "Game Booster" which disables unneccary programs. But nothing worked.

Well as the technical requirements for Starcraft II aren't even listed on their own website (it says they'll put them up later) all I can say is try updating all your drivers
(05-06-2010, 07:59 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: [ -> ]Well as the technical requirements for Starcraft II aren't even listed on their own website (it says they'll put them up later) all I can say is try updating all your drivers

Updating my drivers really helped. However, my fps is still very low. I guess I'll have to wait until some tweak guides come out. Or I'll have to upgrade my computer. Are there any parts I can upgrade to get higher fps? Can you please suggest a good upgrade?
I'm no expert, but i would say RAM and gfx card?
Looking at the specs on your video card as its an older generation, it is not able to properly render the games graphics as alot of new technology has come out. I recommend spending the money to upgrade to at least an 9800gt or what ever nvidia is branding it as now I beleive the 220gt or something like that. It is a 100 dollar upgrade but will be worth it in the end as you will 1 get better graphics and 2 be able to play the newer games without so many hassles.

Other then your video card I see no problems with your computer to be able to play at a decent res and fps.
(05-06-2010, 08:49 PM)ktmrider530 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm no expert, but i would say RAM and gfx card?

He is good on ram, he actually has 4 gigs but is running a 32(x86) bit operating system. The main concern would be a newer video card
Basically what theboner said. I did a quick google of "NVIDIA GeForce 7100" and all I'm getting is people complaining. Just get a new graphics card that at least supports DirectX 10.1
I forgot. Go to game options and change everything to low if you didn't do it yet.
Pages: 1 2