Support Forums

Full Version: Women...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This song would accurately match how I fell right now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9kdHXrJYF8

I have finally built up the courage to post this thread.

To start, here's a bit about myself.
I am probably one of the biggest nerds at my school. Yet, I am the only one of the male gender to wear pink. I get picked on all the time especially when I prove someone wrong in a debate/argument. Other than that I am pretty respected for my knowledge. I am a sophomore in high school. This girl I will been talking about came into the school from a different middle school.

At the beginning of last year, I met this girl that I just labeled as "cute" when I first saw her as I was interested in a girl from another school and was pursuing her. At the beginning of last year we exchanged a few words and worked together on a few English assignments now and then. She has really nice friends and I do admit I do like a few of them. Last year I had three classes with her, and I am the only one to blame for not taking advantage of this opportunity last year. Now for the girl I knew already, we broke up as things weren't going as we hoped. And she had family problems.

I come back to school the next year (this year). She was pretty good looking and all, but I still wasn't completely interested. Fall of this year, I sign up for Cross-country (X-C as I will refer to) not knowing she would too. Again, I am the only one to blame for not taking advantage of this opportunity. Yet, at one of out home X-C meets, she is atop the hill talking with her friend. We have to run up the hill to the finish on this course. I was tired and whatnot running up the hill. As I take the final turn, I hear her say in an enthusiastic voice "Go George!" Which happens to be my name. I sprint to the end and almost, by a hair, loose to a runner on the other team. This year, I have two classes with her. One which I can't really talk to her. This is orchestra, and she is a bassist, and I am a violinist. If you know anything about orchestras basses and 1st violins are not near each other at all. The thing is, there is this other guy bassist that flirts with her during class, and I can tell she likes it. Whenever I look across and see them I fell pretty let down, and she looks guilty about it too whenever I look over. Whenever she has rests in the music, she looks over at me. She also looks over to me when that other guy isn't there.

Now moving to the past three-four months. At this point I am considering her and my interest grows and grows from this point to current day. One of our teachers gave us both passes to come over for some help in homeroom. In the hallway, we walked together, and she asked some questions one was "Do you know what homeroom class (girl's name goes here) is in?" I replied and said "No, sorry I don't" with a smile. She asked a few others but I don't know why I didn't remember. With my tendency to walk fast because I am six something, she keeps up. After we were at the teacher we both need help from, I got a pass and proceed to my next class. Her next class is near mine so we went in the same direction. She was talking the whole way with this friend she saw.

Now, it was just today I took a big step forward in my science class which is the only class I can initiate contact in. We were having a test and the guy who sits next to my friend and this girl was absent, so I took the opportunity to debate with my friend (we're the only ones who debate about politics/religion/issues in the whole school, and we're called nerds for that) and to try to make a move. Somehow we got talking into about my Russian culture, and this girl turns and asks me if I can say something, I do say what she asks, and I say it. She asks me to say something which involves her saying her name in Russian. I say it correctly in Russian, she seems to be interested, and she says that's not her name. She does not seem to accept it. I think she is only doing this to prolong the conversation (?). When talking to her she keeps steady eye contact. The only reason I notice is because I think her eyes are her prettiest feature. During the test, she goes to the bathroom, and sharpens her pencil twice, and asks me for the time twice. She is fiddling around a lot with her hair and stretching a fair bit. I saw her move in closer whenever I moved in closer too. Though after the test she just flees to her friends while I continue to talk with my friend.

What should I do? Is it worth it to go father? If so, how should I do this?

Thanks for reading, I fell much better getting this off my chest. I'll keep you guys updated on your suggestions and how it goes.
"will take a bit to type up, sorry. : |"

Just so you know, if you're making a new thread, just simply don't post it until it is complete.

I'll give my on topic feedback when you update your thread Smile
I am done, sorry about that Pink Floyd, I somehow accidentally posted it. My fault Confused
Be yourself, be confident. It's the best thing you can do Smile
(05-06-2010, 06:11 PM)daneasaur Wrote: [ -> ]Be yourself, be confident. It's the best thing you can do Smile

Completely agree.

I say go for it Kriminal. From the sounds of it, it seems she may like you a bit. If not, she is definitely interested in at least being friends. I also play bass in orchestra and I know what you mean when you say she's far away. If she looks at your or you make eye contact just smile or something. Try talking to her more and if all goes well you should ask her to hang out sometime or something.
Good luck Thumbsup
That was quite a handful, good for you first off, for sharing this with us.

Being in the same classes together is one thing, having classes like track/orchestra together, that shows that you both share at least two personal interest. That's a good thing. Track and orchestra are not a class that your average Joe would sign up for, you will have plenty of chances to connect/relate to her in these clases (probably more track because you can talk more). I advise you to become a better friend of hers. You will have to talk to her more to do this. Just be yourself. I'm going to have to say it's safe to say you're a great person, you have respect for women, and can offer good advise to them when in need.

You have an obvious gaining interest in her. You really should let her know. Perhaps not directly, indirectly will work to, as females are often good at taking hints. I also have assumed that she already knows you fancy her. Just an honest tip, some girls will be nice to you because they know you like them, and don't want to hurt you because they don't like you back. I am NOT saying that is the circumstance at ALL. I just don't think you would need to get hurt if it were, so it's best to be prepared for all possible outcomes.

It's also possible that she totally likes you, and is afraid to talk to you. If she joined track/ochestra, I'm going to (once again) have to assume she is not your average Joe. Or Juliette. Whatever the name is for the female version of "not an average person". She sounds like she goes after what she enjoys doing, that's very "real". Real meaning that she is herself. Not what other people in social groups make her.

MY CONCLUSION

She is defiantly approachable, she is a good person, as are you, she is herself, and shows it. She likes you one way or another, otherwise she would not have cheered you on when you were racing. She knows you exist, and she is comfortable with knowing that. If you decide to go further and try to create a relationship, do it with causion, be yourself. That is what truly matters the most.

Hope that helps
(05-06-2010, 04:19 PM)Kriminal Wrote: [ -> ]This song would accurately match how I fell right now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9kdHXrJYF8

I have finally built up the courage to post this thread.

To start, here's a bit about myself.
I am probably one of the biggest nerds at my school. Yet, I am the only one of the male gender to wear pink. I get picked on all the time especially when I prove someone wrong in a debate/argument. Other than that I am pretty respected for my knowledge. I am a sophomore in high school. This girl I will been talking about came into the school from a different middle school.

At the beginning of last year, I met this girl that I just labeled as "cute" when I first saw her as I was interested in a girl from another school and was pursuing her. At the beginning of last year we exchanged a few words and worked together on a few English assignments now and then. She has really nice friends and I do admit I do like a few of them. Last year I had three classes with her, and I am the only one to blame for not taking advantage of this opportunity last year. Now for the girl I knew already, we broke up as things weren't going as we hoped. And she had family problems.

I come back to school the next year (this year). She was pretty good looking and all, but I still wasn't completely interested. Fall of this year, I sign up for Cross-country (X-C as I will refer to) not knowing she would too. Again, I am the only one to blame for not taking advantage of this opportunity. Yet, at one of out home X-C meets, she is atop the hill talking with her friend. We have to run up the hill to the finish on this course. I was tired and whatnot running up the hill. As I take the final turn, I hear her say in an enthusiastic voice "Go George!" Which happens to be my name. I sprint to the end and almost, by a hair, loose to a runner on the other team. This year, I have two classes with her. One which I can't really talk to her. This is orchestra, and she is a bassist, and I am a violinist. If you know anything about orchestras basses and 1st violins are not near each other at all. The thing is, there is this other guy bassist that flirts with her during class, and I can tell she likes it. Whenever I look across and see them I fell pretty let down, and she looks guilty about it too whenever I look over. Whenever she has rests in the music, she looks over at me. She also looks over to me when that other guy isn't there.

Now moving to the past three-four months. At this point I am considering her and my interest grows and grows from this point to current day. One of our teachers gave us both passes to come over for some help in homeroom. In the hallway, we walked together, and she asked some questions one was "Do you know what homeroom class (girl's name goes here) is in?" I replied and said "No, sorry I don't" with a smile. She asked a few others but I don't know why I didn't remember. With my tendency to walk fast because I am six something, she keeps up. After we were at the teacher we both need help from, I got a pass and proceed to my next class. Her next class is near mine so we went in the same direction. She was talking the whole way with this friend she saw.

Now, it was just today I took a big step forward in my science class which is the only class I can initiate contact in. We were having a test and the guy who sits next to my friend and this girl was absent, so I took the opportunity to debate with my friend (we're the only ones who debate about politics/religion/issues in the whole school, and we're called nerds for that) and to try to make a move. Somehow we got talking into about my Russian culture, and this girl turns and asks me if I can say something, I do say what she asks, and I say it. She asks me to say something which involves her saying her name in Russian. I say it correctly in Russian, she seems to be interested, and she says that's not her name. She does not seem to accept it. I think she is only doing this to prolong the conversation (?). When talking to her she keeps steady eye contact. The only reason I notice is because I think her eyes are her prettiest feature. During the test, she goes to the bathroom, and sharpens her pencil twice, and asks me for the time twice. She is fiddling around a lot with her hair and stretching a fair bit. I saw her move in closer whenever I moved in closer too. Though after the test she just flees to her friends while I continue to talk with my friend.

What should I do? Is it worth it to go father? If so, how should I do this?

Thanks for reading, I fell much better getting this off my chest. I'll keep you guys updated on your suggestions and how it goes.

Yes, take it further. It sounds like you are both interested in each other. If you can get with her (which I believe you can), I think it'll be a big confidence booster for you. I wish you all the best, mate!
Be confident and don't be scared as malware boos said you are probably interested in each other so don't let this flew away

-Eagle
Thanks for putting so much time into your responses. It really means a lot to me. I'll give it a go, and see what all you others have to say.
I loved the song, Thank you so much! Cheered me up, -Ass Hole BoyFriend-
Pages: 1 2 3