Support Forums

Full Version: [Tutorial]How to Stay Awake While Studying[Tutorial]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How to Stay Awake While Studying
It is now a couple of weeks until final exams so it is time for me to start studying for them. Studying is a very boring and repetitive task for me and I often find myself catching up on beauty sleep rather than catching up on Science Vocabulary. So I decided that I would post a few tips I have come up with on how to stay awake while you're studying. Hopefully this will help some of you, if you have tips of your own please reply to this thread.
Before Studying:
1. Drink Coffee/Tea/Redbull - Any high carbonated drink will do, just be warned if you are studying for more than a few hours there might be a crash.
2. Take a Hot Shower - The hot water will awaken you so that you can stay studying for longer.
3. Get the Mindset - Be ready mentally, this means make sure you have nothing else on your mind but what you are studying. I have found that meditation and a nice cup of tea is a good way to get ready for studying mentally as well as physically.
4. Working out a Little Never Hurt - Do a few push ups or curl-ups just to get some blood flowing. If you feel yourself growing tired while you are studying workout a little so you stay awake, just don't loose focus.
While Studying:
1. Have good lighting - Make sure that you are in a room that has good lighting, this will not only make sure you don't hurt your eyes in the dark but little light will also make you more drowsy.
2. Sit in an uncomfortable chair - This is only if you have a big problem with falling asleep, I sometimes sit in the worst chair I have just to ensure that I'll stay awake.
3. Eat & Drink - Be sure that you have food with you when you start studying even if you aren't hungry at the moment. This will prevent you from having to get up and stop what you are doing. Also if you will be drinking a lot eat some salty foods so you will not have to go to the restroom.
4. Breaks aren't a bad thing - Although I have said some methods to avoid breaks they aren't all bad. If you can't focus it might be a good thing to take a break. For those of you who like baseball it would be like a manager having a mound visit to the pitcher.
After Studying:
1. Clean up - Clean up any trash you have, put your notes back in your binder or backpack and make sure that you don't leave ANYTHING out. I know from experience what a pain it is to go into class and to forget your notes you were studying on your desk.
2. Summarize - What did you do good studying? What wasn't so good? How could you improve? Ask yourself those questions and it will help your studying a ton!
------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for reading! I know that this is an eyeful so if you just skimmed over it that's fine. Feel free to reply with your own tips and what you thought about my tutorial.
Thanks OP, I'll be using this soon.
I hardly study for exams at all. Just study for like 10 minutes and then get a lot of sleep and eat a good breakfast.
(05-05-2010, 06:12 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: [ -> ]I hardly study for exams at all. Just study for like 10 minutes and then get a lot of sleep and eat a good breakfast.
I envy you! A few years ago I could do the same thing, but now I have to study! =(
(05-05-2010, 06:12 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: [ -> ]I hardly study for exams at all. Just study for like 10 minutes and then get a lot of sleep and eat a good breakfast.

Thats what nerds are for, hahah just kidding. I do the same, sometime I even skip the 10 minutes. In my opinion you get good character JUST by following the class.
haha I never said I get good grades...usually my exam grades suck, but I don't really care so I don't waste my time.
ahh this has been an ongoing problem for me... it might not work for you... but i drink coffee.. on top of monster energy drinks keeps me where i need to be
Thanks, i'm going to try this out when i gotta study for my exams.
Good advice. Theres only some problems for me. I don't like tea or coffee and Red Bull doesn't affect me as I drink 5 cans per week.
(05-08-2010, 08:08 AM)iFX Wrote: [ -> ]Good advice. Theres only some problems for me. I don't like tea or coffee and Red Bull doesn't affect me as I drink 5 cans per week.
Yeah, that happens to a lot of people when they drink a lot of redbull their body develops a tolelrance, just try every other tip on it and it should still help you out a little.
Pages: 1 2