Support Forums

Full Version: Seeding from another location through proxy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'll just skip straight to explaining the problem. I have an account at Xtremespeeds. I refuse to seed at home because it hogs all the bandwidth and it's not exactly T3 over here in the first place...

I have an office at the school I work it that allows me to use a ethernet jack that's not assigned to the network. My question is: Is there a way I can proxy to my home IP and seed using the school's connection?

The machine I'll be using will be running Windows 7.

I apologize if I'm not very clear about what exactly I need help with or if I don't know what I'm talking about.

Thanks for all the help.
So, you want to seed using the XtremeSpeeds account to keep a positive aren't you?
Is that account assigned to your IP address?
(05-05-2010, 02:46 AM)Extasey Wrote: [ -> ]So, you want to seed using the XtremeSpeeds account to keep a positive aren't you?
Is that account assigned to your IP address?

Correct. Assigned to my IP address on my home computer.
1) Is XtremeSpeeds a private torrent site? If so be careful because we're not allowed to talk about that here Sad I already got a warning

2) I don't know if I quite understand what you're saying except that you don't want to use all your bandwith on your home network. Maybe you should remote connect to a computer at your school? But don't you need the same IP address?
You sure about that? I am sure we are allowed to talk about torrent sites as torrents ain't ONLY used for illegal stuff, people use it for normal file transfer or sharing legal files. Its like saying backtrack is illegal.
Actually I think you're right Support. Sorry, I forgot I got in trouble for actually admitting to downloading something which is different. My bad Omg
hmm...now on topic guys..
helios..i really dont think u can do something like that..cuz that account is assigned to ur IP...

would really appreciate it if u could explain ur problem in a bit more detail..
and i dont think u should risk doing something cuz u might get banned in there...