Support Forums

Full Version: Tell me, which alignement looks more professional, functional and well designed.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys and gals,
I have been making a website lately, and I wanted it to be professional, well designed and functional at the same time (Like This site Big Grin). But it's pretty difficult to do.
So after brainstorming, the first thing I decided to do is, to find an ideal combination of alignements. By that I mean, that I must find where it will be better to align the logo, the navigation menu, etc. I've thought of the TOP 4 alignements... But the problem is I cannot choose the best. So I am asking you please to choose the one you like the most and tell why, and if you have tips to align some element better post here. Basicly I want you to critize and argument. Yet again, I am reminding that the colors and the graphical elements are made ASAP, and look weird. But making them better is the next step of designing.

So, here are the alignement styles:

Style No 1:

[Image: style1copy.png]

This one is the most professional. White BG, no containers, Logo aligned with RSS and Twitter buttons and search, later the navigation, later a jquery slider and later the content divided in 3 columns.

Style No 2:

[Image: style2copyu.png]

Centralized Container, logo and everything inside it, white BG. Content divides in 2 Columns and the login is either in a toggle panel on top or a sidebox.

Style No 3:

[Image: style3.png]

Everything the same, but the sidebox and the container drop shadow.

Style No 4:

[Image: style4o.png]

The same but, the BG is an image, the logo, search and Twitter & RSS buttons are outside the container, and the container of the site starts with the navigation.

I have another idea, and it is to add to styles 2-4 a white-gray gradient on top and on bottom, like Apple Style. What do you say?

Please give me feedback, critize and argument on the alignements or even give me suggestions if you have any. Remember, don't judge the design, but how it is alligned. Thanks.

Sorry for not hiding the logo (It might be considered as advertising).
Honestly, if you're going for the professional look, the first one nails it. The rest look like templates you'd choose from for a blog of some sort, therefore don't give off a "professional" type of persona.
Yeah, I have also thought that. Maybe you have a suggestions for a more professional look?
The first one is amazing, I'd definately use that. But maybe change the white to a light blue with #333333 text? Smile
Would look cool.
Hmm, so the first one is the most professional?
Yeah. Best layout. All the others look crammed.
Oh well, but it looks professional just compared to the other 3. And perhaps if you'd look at other looks on the web, that one would look bad aswell.
But you gave us a choice out of those 4. Not "other looks on the web".
Oh well, I forgot to put. It was meant to be, if the 4 aren't really good, which one is the most professional looking in your opinion?
Ahh. Well the first does seem very good.