Support Forums

Full Version: Changing Computer's Case
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I bought a new case for my computer, because currently it's too small for the hardware inside it.

The new case I got is the Antec Two Hundred (teh sex Tongue)

Of course, I'm needing to move my current computer hardware into the new computer case, and not really wanting to pay some guy to do it.

Has anyone done this before and wish to give some tips / precautions?
If so, I would love to hear!

Thank you guy (:
Everything pretty much has it's own designated place in your new computer case. You can see where the screw holes are and easily assume which piece goes where. No better way to learn than to try it yourself.

Make sure all the pieces and wires are snapped securely into their designated sockets. Be sure to touch the power supply before touching anything else as to release any static electricity from your body.

We like having you around, so do us all a favor and unplug your computer from the power source before opening and taking it apart.
The two things I'm worried about is, Power Supply & Motherboard.
The cabel managment is very hard I think, Actually I need ideas/tips too
Cable management isn't that hard...just use twist ties or something.
This shouldn't be that hard. I suggest just taking everything apart and them assembling it again in the new case. If you really don't know what you're doing just google something like "how to put a computer together." there's a ton of tutorials
I just don't want to brake anything, that is my main concern.

There is no high risk to my hardware is there?
There shouldn't be...If you're really paranoid just get a static wristband thing. Read tutorials and you should be alright. I've never swapped a whole computer case before but I also suggest that you clean all your parts before putting them in the new case using compressed air. DO NOT use a vacuum unless on the case itself only. Make sure not to let fans spin while connected to your computer or else it could send electricity back to it and fry it or something like that.
What is compressed air? Also where would I buy it from? And a static wristband also?
Newegg is the best place for buying stuff, but a local store may also have these.
Compressed Air
Anti-Static Wrist Strap
My biggest concern would be the transfer of static electricity. I would solve this by constantly touching the powersupply or any bare metal part of the case before you touch a component, or have an antistatic wristband.
Failure to take these procautions can harm your computer severaly.
Pages: 1 2