Support Forums

Full Version: How to install script on host
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok Im not sure this is the right section but I think the script is in php. Its mail sending script (not mail bomber) I got hosting and I need to install it. The thinng is that I have only FTP access to the hosting - no cPanel, nothing. So can this be done and how ?
Well, take a look at the files and see if there is an install folder. If there is, upload the files, and go to the index of the folder (index.php or index.html) and it should be straight forward from there.
Is there a link to the script? I could assist you more easily if I could see the script Tongue
It'd help if you took a screenshot of the folder that the script is in, so we can see if there're any other dependencies Smile
Cpanel isn't needed. You can actually run a good website with only FTP and phpmyadmin access. Cpanel is only a control panel for a host that allows a GUI for it's clients.
This is true, CPanel is for new users to make sure they can perform administrative tasks with ease Tongue It does make things ten times easier.
I found out how to install it but the description of the script says the hosting needs:

* Linux, UNIX or variants preferred. Windows 2000 or higher (which support IIS 5 or above).
* Apache 1.3.2 or above either on Linux, Unix or a variant or Windows. IIS 5 or above on a Windows server.
* PHP 5.1.3 or above
* MySQL 4.1.1 or above - or -
* PostgreSQL 8.2 or above

Do you know if hostgator hosting plans have these features and if they don't pls recommend me a good hosting provider that supports them. Preferably a plan for ~5$/month
This would work on hostgator plans 100%. I could help you set it up if wanted. Either you can give me FTP info or we can do it over teamviewer and i'll install the script for you.
I don't think you need a cPanel to run your script, only a FTP client should be ok.