Support Forums

Full Version: ANZAC Day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

Lest we forget.[Image: rose-icon.gif]
To all the people who lost their lives, and all the ones who did not, lest we forget.
Lest we forget.
I'm guessing this is like the Oceanic version of Memorial Day?
It is to honour the soldiers who died fighting for our countries in Gallipolli.

ANZAC is an acronym meaning Australia New Zealand Army Corp. ANZAC day is held every year on the 25th of April where people generally buy fake poppie flowers.

There are dawn ceremonies held all over the countries which many people attend to pay their respects.

So if that is similar to Memorial Day then I just answered your question ;)
But it was also an Anzac Day marred by tragedy and accident. In New Zealand, three crew members of a Royal New Zealand Air Force helicopter died when it crashed into a hillside near Wellington on the way to an Anzac Day flyover. A fourth crew member was in hospital in a critical condition.

In Melbourne, an old military truck accompanying the Ceylon Ex-Service Association ploughed into the back of the group in an accident that left seven elderly Sri Lankan ex-servicemen injured, two of them critically. A 90-year-old veteran sitting in the back of the truck was among the injured.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/in-depth...5858135523
Hi, everyone.

ANZAC Day (today) is also the reason why I am not at school. Quite an emotional presence at the dawn service.

Thanks,
Malware Boss
(04-25-2010, 06:24 PM)Malware Boss Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, everyone.

ANZAC Day (today) is also the reason why I am not at school. Quite an emotional presence at the dawn service.

Thanks,
Malware Boss

We also do not have school today. I went to the dawn service yesterday. Smile
Not a public holiday here Sad

How rude
Hi, daneasaur.

I guess you don't live in either Australia or NZ?

Thanks,
Malware Boss
Pages: 1 2