Support Forums

Full Version: The "rating" system.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

Does anyone else find the "rating" system to be a bit too shallow to effectively describe someone's artwork? I mean, what does saying "5/10" tell someone? It could be their font, the lighting, the color usage, or anything that's wrong with their artwork. I don't see how giving a rating, X/X, tells them anything. Imo, the only way a "rating" is helpful is if you write a paragraph or so explaining what is good and what is bad about their graphic(s). Does anyone else view these people who just jump in a thread, post "10/10!" and leave as spammers?

So, the main question is.. what, in your eyes, is an effective "rating" system?
I totally agree...

When ever I leave feedback I explain why I like/dislike the image.. I try to give them ways
of improving, and then I rate it from 1-10.

I think it's important to give actual feedback rather than just a number rating.. Because you're right, that could mean anything..
I agree with your statement Elektrisk.

When I usually rate I try to come with two or more reasons for that rating.
Agreed to your statement dude.Most of the user just spam to increase their post count and yea some n00b's copy the same wording of other guy's too lol.
I usually say if I like the artwork overall and specific elements which I don't like as much. Then I provide a rating.