Support Forums

Full Version: CPU Super Rise?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am listing to music with itune and browsing thru the internet like forums such as this, and somehow, the CPU useage % jumps from 8-12 to 90+%

Anyone know the reason for this, also I have scan my computer for any virus but not virus was found.
What's your RAM/processor speed?

On my computer (Windows XP), iTunes is a resource hog. It's so bad. I would recommend not using it all, except for adding music to your iPod/iPhone. It's really disgraceful how bad it is on Windows OS's. Try a lightweight media player like WinAmp.

Firefox uses more resources depending on how many tabs you have open.

I recommend using a freeware system cleanup tool like GlaryUtilities, in conjunction with a trial of Auslogics BoostSpeed.
4Ram
AMD 2.0GHz

I haven't use WinAmp for a long time and since you reminded me, I guess I will use it.

Also I use ASystemCare Pro and CCleaner.
(04-22-2010, 05:37 PM)SkyLine Wrote: [ -> ]4Ram
AMD 2.0GHz

I haven't use WinAmp for a long time and since you reminded me, I guess I will use it.

Also I use ASystemCare Pro and CCleaner.

OK.

Great.

OK, those are great as well.
What is your OS?
My helpsvc.exe (less than 20 minutes ago), just suddenly starting eating all my CPU, Googled it, and it seems it's not rare for XP.

You will probably have Vista or Windows 7 with those specs though.

Find out the process (if you can) that uses all the CPU.
I have windows 7

[Image: jjbiib.jpg]
(The Chinese word thingy is the BT to download. If you think it's the chinese thing that's lagging, I lag when it loads youtube video or download stuff without the BT)
idk if you know or not, but "System Idle Process" doesn't even use resources, it just shows how much isn't being used, so its not that. Since Kaspersky is using 11% of your CPU maybe it's doing a scan or something? Also i would recommend just using UTorrent. I love it and some of the others install stupid crap on your computer that runs 24/7