Support Forums

Full Version: Right-click is nearly broken.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys.

I have an HP pavilion DV6 and I use the touchpad. Well, I've had it for three years, and the right-click has recently been going out. I have to try pressing it in different areas of the right button, or press it repeatedly for it to go through. I'm assuming it's a hardware issue. Is there anything I can do to help fix this issue? I know there's food in between the cracks and such. How can I clean that? Do you think compressed air would help, or would that harm it? Thanks.
Dig up some change from the living room couch and go buy a fresh one. There's no use in fixing the one you've got unless you paid some serious cash for it, it's just too much of a hassle IMO.

Combinations of dirt, dust, and food crumbs (in your case) are the reason for this, I would assume. The first two buildup naturally. The food part is your fault. Haha.
(04-22-2010, 07:06 PM)Heli0s Wrote: [ -> ]Dig up some change from the living room couch and go buy a fresh one. There's no use in fixing the one you've got unless you paid some serious cash for it, it's just too much of a hassle IMO.

Combinations of dirt, dust, and food crumbs (in your case) are the reason for this, I would assume. The first two buildup naturally. The food part is your fault. Haha.

How would I go about buying a new touchpad? That's what I mean.. not mousepad. Sorry :O But, how would a mousepad affect the way I right-click? lol. I edited the main post as to avoid further confusion.
(04-22-2010, 07:21 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: [ -> ]How would I go about buying a new touchpad? That's what I mean.. not mousepad. Sorry :O But, how would a mousepad affect the way I right-click? lol. I edited the main post as to avoid further confusion.

Come on, 'trisk. Be crystal clear next time!
(04-22-2010, 07:41 PM)Heli0s Wrote: [ -> ]Come on, 'trisk. Be crystal clear next time!

Well, still, do you have any suggestions?Unsure
The only thing you can do is pry it up off the keyboard and clean it, but you run the risk of shattering the brace it sits on. You definitely need to Google this one to see if anybody has done it before or find a hardware manual of some sort for the computer.
I don't think its that hard to take the top off the keyboard... I think my brother did it when my dad was having an issue with his keys because they didn't work half the time...all he had to do was tighten something, i dont really know what.
If you can get it off, take a vacuum to it and see if that helps. I don't think you really need to be worried about static electricity, its only a keyboard.
This should probably help regardless of whether this is your exact model or not.
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01035677.pdf
haha nevermind, I just found this on here.
Forgot to lock this thread. I got a wireless mouse =p