Support Forums

Full Version: Promotion Method: Free Website (Will this work?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I recently discovered a coupon which allows people to buy websites for $1 each (reg. $7.99 - $6.99 discount).

Requirements to use method:
-Host offering unlimited addon domains
-High/unlimited bandwidth and storage meter
-Website with some sort of VIP status ?

Basic Idea:
Offer VIP's a free website. They pay $X (probably $5-$10) to be a VIP, and get a free website (I am only paying $1 to buy it for them). I host the website for them for free (since my host gives unlimited bandwidth/storage/addon domains) and give them FTP access ONLY to their website.
-Bonus incentive: Buy a domain like [lastname].com and get the email address [firstname]@[lastname].com + redirection if you want.

Do you think this method will work to promote VIP buyers on my website?
Oh, and yes I also posted this on HF. I just want as many responses as I can get.
Might work, just you gotta get people to your offer so they see it.
This seems like a great idea, but not good for me. Im looking for good quality users for my site i wouldn't want people to just join pay me and never return to the forums. it just seems like a fast money making scheme really.
You can always post an "ad template" on a dead site, dead forum, and whatnot.. and that'll get some SEO
this seems like it can be good for alot of ppl, but i aggree with grizz its not good for me at all.