Support Forums

Full Version: Windows 7 Installation Problem..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just cannot seem to install Windows 7 (Ultimate) on my desktop. I've tried 4 images already, including 1 legit one and 1 MSDN download... So I am pretty sure this is not the image problem... I've tried almost 20 times... and these are few of the problems I face each time.....

1) BSOD - Paged error - (replaced RAM and removed all PCI cards)
2) Loads everything, and then restarts to a black screen with just a mouse cursor - this happened almost 10 times
3) Copies file to disk, and then crashes on reboot
4) Stuck on "Updating Registry" screen

I'm starting to get really fed up with Windows 7 now Sad ... Please, could someone direct me.... BTW, I'm doing a fresh install..

Specs: Dual core Intel MB
RAM: 2 GM DDR2
Graphics: Nividia 7300
New hardware?
Sounds like somethings dodgey and/or corrupting the data.
Have you put anything new in?
64bit or 32?
(04-17-2010, 12:23 AM)Extasey Wrote: [ -> ]New hardware?
Sounds like somethings dodgey and/or corrupting the data.
Have you put anything new in?
64bit or 32?

Nope, nothing new.. Was running flawlessly under XP when I decided to change to Windows 7 as I love the Windows 7 that I use at work...

In fact, I removed most of the hardware (including sound card, TV tuner card, etc.)
Are you using the correct version for your processor architecture (32bit vs. 64bit) ?
(04-17-2010, 01:30 AM)Elektrisk Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using the correct version for your processor architecture (32bit vs. 64bit) ?

That's something I did not think about. But, my previous XP was 32 bit, and I am currently trying to install Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit.

Does it mean I am doing it right ?
Definitely look to see if it is x64 or x32 bit

If you think not, your HDD might be going bad.
Are your system specification matching with the Win 7 Version?
Actually sounds like a Harddrive problem. I had the exact same problems as the ones you mentioned. Try re-formatting or buying a new HD.
(04-22-2010, 09:04 AM)Legym Wrote: [ -> ]If you think not, your HDD might be going bad.

Yessssss, that seems to be the problem ... The partition I am trying to install on says its corroupt. I am doing a total backup now.
Ok, so after realizing that it is my HD that failed... I got myself a 500 GB WD hardisk.. Installed Win7 Proffesional with no issues at all... After installation, it went into windows with no issues. Just noticed that my processor fan was spinning at a wooping 3500+ RPM ...

So I restart my computer, and I see a black screen.. So I press the hardware reset button, and this time I just see the Win7 background.. Fan still spinning like crazy ........

Seriously, this is getting on my nerves now, never had any issues with this computer. It just doesn't want to go beyond the background image... Sad

Oh, BTW, safe-mode works... And, the installation CD i used was an original genuine MS disk (not even a burnt clone, its the original itself)....