Support Forums

Full Version: [TuT] How to make Halo 3 Screenshot Signatures [Advanced + Basic]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
How to make Halo 3 Screenshot Signatures

Information: There are two types of screenshot signatures you can make in halo 3. One is more advanced and the other is basic. The advanced signatures are made in the smoke on Blackout, which can be modded or not. The basic signatures are made in the sky on Blackout. These types of tutorials are sold by pros for usually 1600 Microsoft points, but I will be teaching it here for free.

You will need:
Halo 3 disc
Blackout screenshot map (Will be provided in the tutorial)
Patience

Advanced Signatures:

Step 1: Download this map and start a forge game up on it- http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserCo...=109851847

Step 2: Go through the teleporter and fly to the highest bridge.
Note: There should be a bunch of smoke spawning.

Step 3: Spawn guns in order to start forming your words from right to left
Note: You are making the letters backwards & on the brightest
board.

Step 4: Save as new map.(You won't be able to edit it unless you can mod) Then delete the bridges underneath your word so your word is floating in the air.

Step 5: Put on the FX's. This is the experimenting part. Most of the time you will ONLY put on gloomy. Sometimes you may want to add juicy along with gloomy.

Step 6: Spawn guns according to the color you want.
Examples (All with just gloomy):
Carbine/Plasma Pistol = Green effect
Laser = Red effect
Plasma Rifle = Blue effect
Sentinle Beam = Orange-Black-White effect

Step 7: Stand on the lower platform underneath your word.
Note: You will still be out of the map.

Step 8: Shoot your gun horizontally towards the ocean.
Note: You may want to shoot many different guns and use different FX's (gloomy and juicy) because you CANNOT save the map and edit your word. (If you do the smoke mod will go away.)

Step 9: Go into theater and speed up to the part where you shoot your
gun. Pause the film, go into the shot, and look at your word.

Step 10: Take many pictures of the word in each gun, you most likely will get a different effect if you move throughout the shot slightly.

More effects:
1. In order to get all white around your word, put a bunch of walls around it so it forms a picture frame type thing.

2. In order to get crazy effects you can spawn an energy shield where you shoot the gun and look through it at your word.

IMPORTANT: If you save the map, the next time you start it all of the modded smoke will be gone. I would recommend taking extra time to fill in your guns with grenades, equipment, and unused guns. The map can be modded again if you have a transfer cable, unfortunately I do not know how to do that.

Basic Signatures:

Step 1: Download this map and start up a game in forge- http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserCo...=103664048

Step 2: Go through the teleporter and go to the highest platform closest
to BR3 (the big tower)

Step 3: Write your words from right to left but backwards.

Step 4: After creating your word SAVE THE MAP (saving works on this map), then delete all bridges and stairs under it so the word is floating in the air.

Step 5: Spawn FX's you want. You will have to experiment with this. Example: Nova and Juicy will be the better FX's because you can use them with guns. You can also put on FX's and throw a flare to create crazy color effects.

Step 6: After placing down Nova and Juicy, Spawn guns according to the color you want.
Examples: Carbine/Plasma Pistol = Green effect
Laser = Red/Purple/White effect
Plasma Rifle = Blue effect
Sentinle Beam = Orange-Black-White effect

Step 7: Wait until the clouds are gone behind your word. (It should be around 2 minutes). Shoot the gun towards the ocean horizontally. (So you can go in it in theater and see your word through the gun shot).

Step 8: Go into theater and fast forward until you start shooting the guns. Go into your gun shot and snap a picture while looking at your word. (Every time you move throughout the gun you will most likely get a different effect, so be patient!)
Note: You may want to zoom in by clicking the right stick.

This tutorial was made 100% by Tay of Support Forums.

You can message me with any questions you may have.

Hope it helped!

I also have this posted on HackForums on my account, Tay.
Nice tutorial, i will try this out soon.
I never knew this.
I will try this out as well.
I'm pretty good at making these. check out my fileshare on RAWR GraViiTy for examples of my work.
Never tried making on in my life, I have to try at least one now! Thanks for the map links. Great tut!
Great tutorial i cant wait to try this.
Good Tut Man, I Didn't Know You Needed A Special Map.. Helped Alot
Very nice tutorial. I always wondered how they did this.

Thanks a lot.
This is a very good tut thanks!
Thats a pretty cool idea, the quality isn't so great though :/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5