Support Forums

Full Version: Window's 7 causes my computer to overheat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well i upgraded from windows vista to 7 and ever since i did this my computer has been overheating and i have to keep a fan on it now. It was a 800$ laptop i bought brand new from best buy about a year ago. I have no idea what is causing this.

Has anyone had the same problem or now how to fix this?
Post your specs, Try holding up your laptop with a book,dvd, Or a nintendo D.S game case so the fans can breathe more easily.

Make sure it the object isn't blocking any fans, And is holding your laptop up about 1 inch so the fans can breathe.
Are you sure if it's dude to Win 7 only as i heard about this first time!
(04-20-2010, 04:16 AM).:xX[ThunderStorm]Xx:. Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure if it's dude to Win 7 only as i heard about this first time!

Yeah thats strange... by overheating do you mean it shuts down? Or just feels hot but continues running fine?
Go into the resource manager and see how much processor and memory is being used up. Also, check your process list to see if there is something chewing up resources.
As divine said, post your specs.
You could also check the bios to see what kind of temperature your core is idling at, and the fan RPM's.