Support Forums

Full Version: [Release] rbShell 1.12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
rbShell 1.12

What is it: Its a program that provides shell abstraction in Ruby. Mixing the power of ruby with your system to provide people who need more power in there command line environment with a tool that can run ruby as well as system commands.

Screenshot:

Changes
After making some major changes to rbshell from release 0.12 I'm releasing version
1.12. The whole thing has been rewritten fixing one major bug that has pissed off many of its users. This bug was in the readline library, it couldn't handed the prompt being in colour because at the end of the line the curser would move to the beginning overwriting the previous line as you typed.

This has been fixed by disabling colour.
I have removed the ~..rbshell directory and all configuration options are now located in the config/params.rb file.

Things that are not yet implemented or need to do:
  • Finish the command logger
  • .rbshellrc file in the home directory
  • 'Better' windows support
  • Plugins

Notice:
There is allot of things I need to do, any problems post or email me.
The reason rbshell_windows.exe is a large file is because it contains
the whole ruby run time for people who do not have ruby installed, if you do not believe it is safe to run because of viruses etc, please download ruby and run the rbshell.rb file instead.

Download
http://dotrb.net/software/rbshell/Releas...l_1.12.zip

Problems? Email mark@dotrb.net
Ah...A very usefull tool.I downloaded this and works fine a very beautifull background also at the image.
A really great program. I forgot how I helped code this too btw, but oh well. I'm sure I did a kick ass job. Big Grin