Support Forums

Full Version: [Tips]Keeping Your System Speedy and Functional
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Welcome to my tips.

CREDITS ARE WHOLE MINE,THIS IS MY TUTORIAL.

First of all you need to Clear some disc space:
  • Remove Unnecessary Inter Files
  • Empty Recycle Bin
  • Windows Components that you don't use and you're not needing should be removed (if you need them you can reinstall them again)
  • If you have some programs that you haven't used lately and they are only taking up disc space, remove from your computer
  • Shadow copies from System Restore aren't needed so remove them

When you done with it,you are ready to next step:

Most of viruses/malwares/etc. will try to slow your computer so you need to take full scan with your anti-virus and if you don't have MBAM(Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware,),also spy bot search and destroy is needed here.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Download
SpyBot Search and Destroy Download
CCleaner Download

Next Step is to Defragment Your Computer:

Follow these steps:
  • Go to My Computer
  • Right Click on a disc that you want to Defragment(you should desfragment both of your discs)
  • Click on Properties
  • Click on Tools Tab
  • Click on Defragment..
  • Analyze > Defragment

Next Step is to do a Disc Clean Up:
  • Go to My Computer
  • Right Click on a disc that you want to Clean up( you need to Clean up both of your discs)
  • Click on Properties
  • Click on Disc Clean Up
  • You will see some programs which you can remove by ticking on it
  • Ok

Now you need to make Windows load faster
  • Click Start
  • Click Run
  • Type 'msconfig'
  • Hit Enter
  • Click on the BOOT.INI tab
  • From Timeout 30 you change it to 3

Speed up processing time(turn off nice graphics):
  • Start > Control Panel
  • System
  • Advanced > Settings
  • Click on 'Adjust for best performance'
  • Apply > OK

This tutorial is made by ME(Eagle) and you DO NOT HAVE PERMISSIONS to copy/paste it everywhere without my knowledge,

Copyright Eagle's Tutorials/Tips/Products ©

Regards
Eagle
Nice tutorial, but maybe you should mention that you got the Malwarebytes' instructions from the HJT team on HF.
yeah its from HJT Team from HF (canned speech).
Thanks bro

Regards
EagleBlackhat
Good tutorial providing it's not leeched (You mentioned something about the HJT Team?) But could use a better layout.
-Poppins
Nice guide but next time try and give proper credit.
(04-12-2010, 03:51 PM)Poppins™ Wrote: [ -> ]Good tutorial providing it's not leeched (You mentioned something about the HJT Team?) But could use a better layout.
-Poppins

(04-12-2010, 04:00 PM)T0x1c Wrote: [ -> ]Nice guide but next time try and give proper credit.

He's already stated he wrote it himself, except to the Malwaresbytes' canned speech, which I addressed already. He edited in HJT credits. The rest is original. I checked.
(04-12-2010, 04:10 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-12-2010, 04:00 PM)T0x1c Wrote: [ -> ]Nice guide but next time try and give proper credit.
He's already stated he wrote it himself, except to the Malwaresbytes' canned speech, which I addressed already. He edited in HJT credits. The rest is original. I checked.

Okay. Wasn't quite sure what he meant in his reply. It is a nice guide but the format is what lets it down.
-Poppins
HUH....So long..
BUT THanks for tips
im going to edit the layout i find better one.
I wouldn't recommend Malwarebytes....last time i had a virus it infect my system 32 folder and malwarebytes deleted those files and screwed my computer up so bad it wouldn't start :/
Pages: 1 2 3 4