Support Forums

Full Version: Turtle Beach X3 gaming headset
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Just picked up a pair of X3's by Turtle Beach, made specifically for Xbox 360. The newer models are called X31's, mine are the ones that came before. I picked them up off a buddy I play COD:MW2 with because he recently got some Astro's.

So far, I can honestly say that I'll never be able to play without them, or a better, newer headset. They have stereo surround sound built right into the headphones and they're wireless, which is great because there are no wires running from the tv to the headphones. I hear sounds in the game I've never heard before. Since game volume and XBL communication volume are controlled using two separate dials, I can turn game volume up and mute my buddies when times get clutch. I can hear footsteps like never before. If somebody reloads on the other side of the map or plants a claymore, I know what direction it came from and (when I'm used to the headset) how far away it is.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/efx3a/home.aspx

Questions? Comments?

Does anybody else use a gaming headset on something other than PC? If so, please discuss!
(04-12-2010, 10:10 AM)Heli0s Wrote: [ -> ]Just picked up a pair of X3's by Turtle Beach, made specifically for Xbox 360. The newer models are called X31's, mine are the ones that came before. I picked them up off a buddy I play COD:MW2 with because he recently got some Astro's.

So far, I can honestly say that I'll never be able to play without them, or a better, newer headset. They have stereo surround sound built right into the headphones and they're wireless, which is great because there are no wires running from the tv to the headphones. I hear sounds in the game I've never heard before. Since game volume and XBL communication volume are controlled using two separate dials, I can turn game volume up and mute my buddies when times get clutch. I can hear footsteps like never before. If somebody reloads on the other side of the map or plants a claymore, I know what direction it came from and (when I'm used to the headset) how far away it is.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/efx3a/home.aspx

Questions? Comments?

Does anybody else use a gaming headset on something other than PC? If so, please discuss!

I've wanted one for a while hehe, trying to save up money for it. What about with players using Dead Silence/Ninja Pro? Does it help with them?
Honestly, I haven't had enough time to experience a game where other players use Ninja. This is probably because I play a lot of TD and not enough S&D.

I heard they don't entirely mute your footsteps, just turn the volume EXTREMELY low. I'm not sure, though. If that's the case, I'm sure I could hear them but only with my game volume turned up high.

Does anybody wanna clarify whether Ninja mutes your footsteps or just makes them very quiet?
nice i have x31s

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/efx3/home.aspx

there nice but the cord seems to fall out alot
I have X1's and I'm content with them. My friend has A40's and they are the best.
(04-12-2010, 11:47 AM)Heli0s Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, I haven't had enough time to experience a game where other players use Ninja. This is probably because I play a lot of TD and not enough S&D.

I heard they don't entirely mute your footsteps, just turn the volume EXTREMELY low. I'm not sure, though. If that's the case, I'm sure I could hear them but only with my game volume turned up high.

Does anybody wanna clarify whether Ninja mutes your footsteps or just makes them very quiet?

Ninja makes your footsteps 75% quieter, same goes for Dead Silence. I think you could hear them if you turned the volume up high. Has your gameplay improved since getting them?
Really good headset, They were reviewed by MLG a while ago and they were rated over the A40's.
(04-12-2010, 12:45 PM)Goldsound Wrote: [ -> ]Ninja makes your footsteps 75% quieter, same goes for Dead Silence. I think you could hear them if you turned the volume up high. Has your gameplay improved since getting them?
Indeed it has, Goldsound. I got my first nuke yesterday with them. Since they're over-ear headphones, they block out all other sounds so I'm not distracted. They help a lot when you're trying to focus on gameplay. I also didn't go negative a single time and kept my ratio above 2:1.

I can honestly say it's a great investment if you enjoy competitive online first-person shooters.
That looks sick but I wouldn't spend that much on it.
A old pair of Sony's for PC. You can't go wrong:

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/hps-extra-...j/mdr-v150

I love them, awesome sound to catch people running behind me.
Pages: 1 2 3 4