Support Forums

Full Version: Any tips for a Newbie? [xUbuntu]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys!

I installed xUbuntu on my PC around 3 days ago now. I have never in my life run Linux apart from the week that I used a live Linux distro on my mums laptop but put windows back on. I couldn't install nothing and took me ages to figure out. Now I've installed xUbuntu on an 8GB partition and I have to say I am loving it! It's so fast. Just the way that everything instantly pops up and there is no lag on the PC whatsoever. Any tips on learning Linux? Because I am probably going to start using it full time.

-Poppins
If you want to learn more about it just go to Google.com or Youtube.com
(04-11-2010, 01:32 PM)Prune Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to learn more about it just go to Google.com or Youtube.com

Its okay saying that but then what do I search ETC? I just needed some tips from someone experienced.
Here is a good link to get you started. http://linuxreviews.org/beginner/
(04-11-2010, 01:45 PM)©@1cu1@te Wrote: [ -> ]Here is a good link to get you started. http://linuxreviews.org/beginner/

Thanks
Well first, i'd join up on Ubuntuforums.org and ask around for cool things you can do.
(04-11-2010, 01:34 PM)Poppins™ Wrote: [ -> ]Its okay saying that but then what do I search ETC? I just needed some tips from someone experienced.
Oh then yeah, you should be able to get answers around here. I was searching google for you but couldn't find anything.
You should of gotten ubuntu Imo.
I don't understand Linux. Can someone enlighten me? Why choose Linux over other Operating Systems?

Also, I'm assuming installing Linux onto my laptop would overwrite all files etc..?

I really don't understand what Linux is all about.
(04-13-2010, 12:23 PM)The Major Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand Linux. Can someone enlighten me? Why choose Linux over other Operating Systems?

Also, I'm assuming installing Linux onto my laptop would overwrite all files etc..?

I really don't understand what Linux is all about.

Make your own thread and ask your question there.
Pages: 1 2