Support Forums

Full Version: .: Compilation of Java Guides and Resources :.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Compilation of Java Guides and Resources

For the Java programmers, this may make it easier to navigate around and find the resources you need.
Use the shortcut Ctrl + F to find what you need, or you can scroll down through the categories and see. If you can't find what you need here, the [Image: search.gif] Search button is your best friend.

Please suggest more guides to make this a bigger compilation.
Use this format:
Code:
[b]Title[/b]:
[b]Link[/b]:
[b]Author[/b]:
[b]Type[/b] (Source/Video/Tutorial/etc):

I also posted a similar compilation like this on HF, but this is only external links.

Thanks.

What is Java?

Quoting Wikipedia:
Java is a programming language originally developed by James Gosling at Sun Microsystems (which is now a subsidiary of Oracle Corporation) and released in 1995 as a core component of Sun Microsystems' Java platform. The language derives much of its syntax from C and C++ but has a simpler object model and fewer low-level facilities. Java applications are typically compiled to bytecode (class file) that can run on any Java Virtual Machine (JVM) regardless of computer architecture. Java is general-purpose, concurrent, class-based, and object-oriented, and is specifically designed to have as few implementation dependencies as possible. It is intended to let application developers "write once, run anywhere". Java is considered by many as one of the most influential programming languages of the 20th century, and widely used from application software to web application.

Official Website:
http://www.java.com/en/

Ebooks:

External Java Lessons and Resources:

Video Lessons:

Lesson Series No. 1 Lesson Series No. 2 (Intermediate) The lesson goes on further, too long to post here. Here is the channel link. http://www.youtube.com/user/thenewboston
Go to his channel and look for his Java lessons.

Useful Website Links: Credits go to all the original authors of each guide.

Hope this helped,
S7N

[Image: 8wzlu1.png]
I loved this thread, i just started to learn java in university
and i am really lost .

My last test had a really low score
i will start to learn by this sources

Thank you S7N!
Awesome guides! This will help me a lot. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for sharing maybe ill learn java.
Thank you for the comments guys. Sorry for the late response, haven't been here a while.
This is your tut from HF,great you bring that here.You and your compilations Tongue
One more thing
add this website
http://www.w3schools.com
great collection.... already found this in HF...anyway gr8 4 bringin it here too
Awesome guide collection of Java. Unfortunaly I have tried Java, but didn't like it as much as C++
This thread is awesome & useful, thanks !
Thanks S7N, I've always been interested in Java except I haven't been able to find any good tutorials, looks like i might be able to give it a shot now ;)

Thanks.
Pages: 1 2