Support Forums

Full Version: ★ ★ ★ Top Ten FREE AntiVirus Software ★ ★ ★
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
I have used most of these programs and I personally recommend using AVG free, plenty of features and great virus protection, never had a problem!

-------------------THESE ARE IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER-------------------

[Image: logo.gif]
1. Avast! Home Edition

At last I can please my good friend Justin Bellinger by referencing his company – Avast!
Their ‘Home Edition’ is a free antivirus program that comes complete with spyware protection.
It is certainly one of the better free antivirus packages on the market and features antispyware and rootkit protection.
Additionally, it defends against peer-to-peer and IM nuisances too.

Download Avast

[Image: avg.gif]
2. AVG Free

AVG Free is the entry on this list that I have used most often as it resides on all of my kids’ computers.
It is a trusted antivirus and antispyware solution for Windows users that features a new LinkScanner Active Surf-Shield which enables you to check and verify the safety of web pages before clicking on any links.
Additionally, it also adds dialogue to search engine results pages, advising users whether a listed entry is safe to visit or not.

Download AVG

[Image: Avira-AntiVir-Personal9.0.0.386-icon.jpg]
3. Avira Antivir Personal

Avira Antivir Personal will scan your computer for evidence of malicious programs such as viruses, Trojans, worms, etc.
Running in the background, it will monitor the users every action and will notify them of any threats immediately.

Download Antivir Personal

[Image: icon-bitdefender.gif]
4. Bitdefender 10 Free Edition

BitDefender Free Edition uses exactly the same ICSA Labs certified scanning engines that are found in the other BitDefender products.
This allows the end-user to employ an on-demand virus scanner for zero cost.

Download Bit Defender 10

[Image: 1d3276adb13b35c5516ff88421a464e0b7881abd...B0%2B0.png]
5. Clamwin

Unlike most other antivirus programs I’ve mentioned in the past, Clamwin is open-source.
Its features include a scanning scheduler, standalone virus scanner and an addin for Microsoft Outlook that allows for the manual identification of virus-infected attachments.
The drawback of ClamWin, in my opinion, is that it does not include a real-time scanner.
Instead you will have to manually scan a file in order to detect whether it is infected with a virus or spyware.

Download Clamwin

[Image: Panda-Cloud-Antivirus2009%2520Beta-icon.jpg]
6. Panda Cloud Antivirus

I’ve previously tried Panda’s Cloud Antivirus but found that the beta version I was using was a quad core CPU hog.
Its quite possible that the resource usage issue has been resolved by now though.
Cloud AV is the first free cloud-based antivirus client.

Download Panda Cloud

[Image: Comodo_Firewall-29516.gif]
7. Comodo Internet Security

Comodo Internet Security is a free all-in-one security software that that comprises of antivirus, host intrusion prevention system and a firewall.
Interestingly for a free product it comes with a free 30 day trial of their LivePCSupport.

Download Comodo Internet

[Image: Microsoft_Security_Essentials_logo.png]
8. Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE)

I’ve not personally used Microsoft Security Essentials Beta yet because it wasn’t available to UK users last time I checked.
If you are in the US you are luckier as you can try it out now.
I’ve heard that it offers a good level of protection against the usual suspects, such as viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms and all the other bad stuff.
With automatic upgrades and updates, MSE beta offers users what many of them are looking for from such a product – simplicity.

Download Microsoft Security

[Image: pctools2009.png]
9. PC Tools Antivirus Free Edition

Lastly, there is PC Tools Antivirus, another free program.
Not much to say about this Antivirus.

Download PC Tools Antivirus

[Image: 28071.png]
10. F-PROT Antivirus

Free anti-virus program for Linux, FreeBSD and Solaris (personal use only). Evaluation versions for all usage types on Windows and corporate usage on Linux, BSD and Solaris.

Download F-PROT Antivirus
Great post, thanks.
Nice list.
Awesome share....
Lol, this looks familiar...wonder where i have seen this?

I like Avast and Avira
I personally like Comodo firewall
good list, personally i use bullguard. its not the best AV but detects most viruses and i like the "stop connections" button for when your getting 'hacked'
I have been using AVG since the day i bought my pc, never had any trouble with viruses Smile
(10-08-2009, 08:59 AM)ThaDunky Wrote: [ -> ]I have been using AVG since the day i bought my pc, never had any trouble with viruses Smile

maybe it is not as much to do with what antivirus you use, it has more to do with what you do and how you do it on a pc.
(10-08-2009, 09:01 AM)mon3yexploit Wrote: [ -> ]maybe it is not as much to do with what antivirus you use, it has more to do with what you do and how you do it on a pc.

I download many torrents (music, video etc...) and i come straight from HF..

But yeah, what you say is right Smile
Isn't this warez?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13