Support Forums

Full Version: Awesome Firefox theme: Chromifox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello.
Chromifox is a theme that makes your Firefox look just like Google Chrome.
It's great if you like the way Chrome looks, but don't want to switch. Here's an ss of my browser using it:

DL it here:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/8782
Lol this is kinda cool. May try out if i get around to it.
Its kinda pointless lol. But the only thing that it makes it look like is the tabs. I guess its kinda cool though.
(04-12-2010, 07:19 PM)ImPrune Wrote: [ -> ]Its kinda pointless lol. But the only thing that it makes it look like is the tabs. I guess its kinda cool though.

No, it's not. It redesigns the browser completely.
It also changes the way some addons look, as you can see, my lastpass and adblock icons are smaller. If this theme is pointless, then all themes are.
No offence but why not just get chrome :p?
(04-12-2010, 08:06 PM)HTML Wrote: [ -> ]No offence but why not just get chrome :p?

Chrome does not have as many/the same addons that Firefox does. It's also less stable in some ways. Firefox is also more secure.
(04-12-2010, 08:08 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: [ -> ]Chrome does not have as many/the same addons that Firefox does. It's also less stable in some ways. Firefox is also more secure.

Could not disagree more. Firefox has loads upon loads of stealers. I have seen a few for chrome. Chrome renders graphics quicker than anyone could imagine. I do like firefoxes add-ons however.
(04-12-2010, 08:11 PM)HTML Wrote: [ -> ]Could not disagree more. Firefox has loads upon loads of stealers. I have seen a few for chrome. Chrome renders graphics quicker than anyone could imagine. I do like firefoxes add-ons however.

Stealers are easily avoided by using an addon to store passwords, such as LastPass or Roboform, or using a master password in FF. Chrome has an equal amount of stealers. The reason there're more stealers for FF is because FF is more popular. It's not like coding a stealer for Chrome is any more difficult than FF.

Rendering graphics is irrelevant.. we're talking about stability and security. Flash has been known to crash more easily in Chrome. I assume Chrome didn't incorporate much support for Flash, because it's transitioning to HTML5. It's trying, at least.

Remember when Chrome first out? They got a lot of heat for violating user privacy. Do you also remember the vulnerability in Chrome that would allow hackers to control the user's PC through Chrome?

However, I agree that Firefox crashes more overall. It's nice that Chrome's tabs are isolated from each other, so if one crashes, it doesn't ruin everything.

I think it's a matter of preference, but after some research, I still stand by that Firefox is more secure. Even the HJT team on HF recommends Firefox as the securest browser.

In any case, if we want, we can make a "Chrome vs. Firefox" topic. This topic ios about a theme.
(04-12-2010, 08:19 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: [ -> ]Stealers are easily avoided by using an addon to store passwords, such as LastPass or Roboform, or using a master password in FF. Chrome has an equal amount of stealers. The reason there're more stealers for FF is because FF is more popular. It's not like coding a stealer for Chrome is any more difficult than FF.

Rendering graphics is irrelevant.. we're talking about stability and security. Flash has been known to crash more easily in Chrome. I assume Chrome didn't incorporate much support for Flash, because it's transitioning to HTML5. It's trying, at least.

Remember when Chrome first out? They got a lot of heat for violating user privacy. Do you also remember the vulnerability in Chrome that would allow hackers to control the user's PC through Chrome?

However, I agree that Firefox crashes more overall. It's nice that Chrome's tabs are isolated from each other, so if one crashes, it doesn't ruin everything.

I think it's a matter of preference, but after some research, I still stand by that Firefox is more secure. Even the HJT team on HF recommends Firefox as the securest browser.

In any case, if we want, we can make a "Chrome vs. Firefox" topic. This topic ios about a theme.

In4 the chrome vs firefox Smile.
Sick theme, google chrome for life though Big Grin.

OT: isn't firefox also very vunerable if you are ever compromised ?
Pages: 1 2