Support Forums

Full Version: Use your iTouch as an iPhone!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Requirements:
A set of headphones with a microphone.

So to do this, all you have to do is download two free apps. You DO have the choice of using the paid versions of both of them, but why would you do that when you can enjoy basic calling and basic texting for free? These apps are:

TextPlus (Text+)
iCall

The first will, of course, allow you to text for free, and iCall will allow you to, of course, call nation wide for free!

Downside(s):
iCall will constantly prompt you to pay for a monthly fee. I suggest against it, it's over-priced.
You must be connected to a Wi-Fi access point to use either of the apps. (Thanks to Warlock for bringing this to my attention)

Please post any problems with my little conversion, and please post any good thing about it, too.

Reputation is appreciated if you have the posts and if I helped you or gave you any good tips/advice. Smile
Thanks for reading, Support Forum-ers!
Thanks for this, but I'm pretty sure you need to be connected to wifi, correct?
I believe you do. It's sort of a set-back, but it's better than paying monthly for the shitty iPhone. And you have less bulk. I'll make sure to put that inside of the downsides.
(04-08-2010, 06:39 AM)Dr. A Wrote: [ -> ]I believe you do. It's sort of a set-back, but it's better than paying monthly for the shitty iPhone. And you have less bulk. I'll make sure to put that inside of the downsides.

I agree, well I'm actually going to go try this, and I'll report back, how it works. Smile
Alright thanks. It'll be good for someone to test it... Is you iTouch jailbroken or not?
Thanks, I'm going to download the text app.
Thanks for this, but I wont be using as I've got an iPhone.
Wow. This is a very wonderful share brother.
Nice one dude.I never saw anything like this earlier Smile
It won't allow me to make calls though, when i try to call my cell phone i get a "I'm sorry, your phone can not be completed as dialed." I use my area code, i've even tried 1 before it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4