Support Forums

Full Version: Windows 7 Installation Question..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, I use XP at home, and Win7 at work and I am really really satisfied at Win7's performance.

I recently screwed up my XP by multiple injections while testing out a crypter. It is really really slow and lagging now with BSOD's quite so often. Also, my RAM usage and fan speed is really really high.

I decided to repair my XP installation, but then thought, why not change it to Win7.

So my question is, can I just use the upgrade option from XP to Win7 ?? If I just upgrade, will the computer lag still persist ? Or will it be as fast as a new installation??

Cuz I have too many applications and drivers that I do not have the setup files for. I cannot afford a format and fresh install at this point. This XP has been running for more than 5 years without a format and only recently started to act upon me Sad :-/
You can't just upgrade from XP to 7.. It's only possible to upgrade 1 level for example XP > Vista > 7.. Just re-format your PC with Win 7 mate, Win 7 will install the driver automatically. At least for me it's auto tho.. @_@
(04-08-2010, 02:23 AM)MyFolder Wrote: [ -> ]You can't just upgrade from XP to 7...

I cant ??? ...... Huh
Nope.. My friend try it before but can't.. Do a fresh install mate..
Upgrading to Windows 7 is only possible if you have a pre-existing Vista installation in your computer. Any later versions of Windows will have to completely reformat. Also, if your system cannot take the needs of Windows 7, it will be better if you reinstalled XP. Another thing, if you have screwed with an injection, I suggest nuking before reformatting. This will make sure your drives are completely empty.
(04-08-2010, 04:17 AM)smileyface Wrote: [ -> ]I suggest nuking before reformatting. This will make sure your drives are completely empty.

Nuking ??? You mean totally formating the "hard-drive" itself ? including the partitions ??? Damn, I thought I can just format C: Sad
Well, you could but that is just a safety precaution my friend.
(04-08-2010, 04:17 AM)smileyface Wrote: [ -> ]Upgrading to Windows 7 is only possible if you have a pre-existing Vista installation in your computer. Any later versions of Windows will have to completely reformat. Also, if your system cannot take the needs of Windows 7, it will be better if you reinstalled XP. Another thing, if you have screwed with an injection, I suggest nuking before reformatting. This will make sure your drives are completely empty.
make sure to clone your C: drive first , you can use acronis or symantec ghost. than proceed with OS upgrade
Yeah just do a fresh install, backup your files to a portable HDD ;)
Pages: 1 2