Support Forums

Full Version: [TUT] How to download and use HJT [TUT]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How to download and use HJT.

[Image: hx944h.png]
What is Hijackthis, and what is it used for?

Ok, I guess there are plenty of beginner's here who have no idea what hijackthis even is! Basically Hijackthis is a tool that us HJT team, use to determine whether or not you have files and/or process's installed on your computer without your knowledge, and/or can possibly harm your computer.

How can i get the Hijackthis scanner?

You can download Hijackthis from Here.

How do I use the Hijackthis scanner?

Once downloaded, run the installation. Once installed.....
  • If you have HJT version 2.02 it should look like this:
  • If you have HJT version 2.03 BETA it should look like this:

What do I do once I have installed Hijackthis scanner?

Now, to get the logs from the scan you must either click "Do a system scan and save a logfile (if on V2.02) or click "scan" (if on HJT v2.03 BETA).

Note: Once you click scan something like this may pop up:
Just click ok.
Now what should happen is that Notepad should open with your log. Copy and paste that to where ever it is needed.

Easy really!
Hey, Irelandrulz2.

Thanks for posting this here. I know a lot of members will find this very useful.

Thanks,
Malware Boss
HijackThis has many other log producing functions. Like startup log, uninstall list etc. Nice guide, anyways.
(04-11-2010, 07:25 AM)--([-S7N-])-- Wrote: [ -> ]HijackThis has many other log producing functions. Like startup log, uninstall list etc. Nice guide, anyways.

I do know that however, I don't think it comes to much use when producing a HJT log.
(04-11-2010, 07:25 AM)--([-S7N-])-- Wrote: [ -> ]HijackThis has many other log producing functions. Like startup log, uninstall list etc. Nice guide, anyways.

This just aims to explain the basic and essential purpose.