Support Forums

Full Version: Car Shopping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I turned 16 a while ago, but sadly got my permit late, so I have to wait another two months to get my license. That is how the laws work where I live, you get your license 6 months after getting your permit, and you can get your permit as early as 15.

Anyways, since I am so close to being able to drive, I have been looking at cars. I currently have a little over $2,000 saved up for a car, and don't think I will be able to afford anything over $5,000 sadly. Maybe a miracle will happen and I will be able to magically pull $8,000 out of my ass to get the kind of car I want, but hope is slowing dimming as time gets shorter.

These are the sort of cars I like:
  • 2006 Dodge Charge
  • 2005 Mustang GT
  • 2006 Eclipse
  • Nissan 350z
etc..

I know my taste is far to expensive for my budget, and I know I will have to get a used car that is most likely older than what I want. I would like suggestions though! Any other cars you think I would like, or maybe places to shop. Currently I am looking around http://motors.ebay.com and http://www.craigslist.org

Thanks
Actually, you can find those cars for fairly cheap. You need to realize that you don't need to pay cash right when you get it. If you have a job, talk your parents into making monthly payments while you give them your pay check. That's what i do.
(04-07-2010, 06:55 AM)ktmrider530 Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, you can find those cars for fairly cheap. You need to realize that you don't need to pay cash right when you get it. If you have a job, talk your parents into making monthly payments while you give them your pay check. That's what i do.

Yeah, I really dislike the idea of a loan though. Thanks for the reply though!
(04-07-2010, 02:50 PM)CustomSync Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I really dislike the idea of a loan though. Thanks for the reply though!
It's not a loan, the car will need to be in your parents name anyway, so just give them money to make payments.
I got Mitsubishi Evo 9 but i will like to have Ford F250 Big Grin

Anyone got Ford F250? Smile Do you think i should buy F250 too? The Ford got a V8 engine Big Grin sounds really nice.

The Evo 9:
[Image: 3147553279_90186abaa0.jpg]

And the Ford F250:
[Image: 07_Ford_F250_600.jpg]
I would suggest keeping your Evo, but I am not a huge truck fan.
(04-07-2010, 04:05 PM)TheBlackMarket Wrote: [ -> ]I got Mitsubishi Evo 9 but i will like to have Ford F250 Big Grin

Anyone got Ford F250? Smile Do you think i should buy F250 too? The Ford got a V8 engine Big Grin sounds really nice.

The Evo 9:
[Image: 3147553279_90186abaa0.jpg]

And the Ford F250:
[Image: 07_Ford_F250_600.jpg]

I have an 06' Ford F250 powerstroke diesel. 4 door short box with a 4" lift. I Would highly suggest buying the ford if you plan on getting a diesel engine, make sure it's the 7.3 and not the 6.0. I know about all there is to know about that truck, if you have any questions feel free to ask.