Support Forums

Full Version: Create a Deep Grunge Text Effect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Create a Deep Grunge Text Effect

In this Tutorial we will make a deep grunge and cracked Text effect. We will also come across how to use textures for creating certain inspiring results in less than 10 steps!.

To start this tut, we will need 3 textures.

1. [Image: dirtwall8.jpg]

2. [Image: dirtwall6.jpg]

3. [Image: dirtwall9.jpg]

Open a document, with white background. Size 600 x 450 pixel.
Paste the texture 1 as the background.
Create a new layer.
From the Text tool, select the “Horizontal Type Mask”.Type the text you wish. Try to use some thick font
Here I have used Arial Black, 100pt. which is a thick rounded font.

[Image: screen2_add.jpg]

Open the Texture 2, Select All region (Ctrl+A), copy it.
Now come back to the working canvas and “Paste Into” (Ctrl+Shift+V) the mask which we have typed. By using the Move tool (V) adjust the texture and position it where the cracks are visible and as well as the font is not broken too much.

[Image: scr3add.jpg]

Now lets apply some bevel and drop shadow with the following settings from the blending option.

[Image: screen51.jpg]

[Image: screen6_ds.jpg]

The results will be as below.

[Image: screen6_ds-b.jpg]

Now open the Texture3.

Copy the texture and paste on top of all the layer. Move the layer as we did before to adjust.

[Image: screen8.jpg]

Repeat the same for further texts as shown below.

Thanks and hope you enjoyed this quick tutorial.

[Image: screen101.jpg]

Credit psdguides.com
Looks nice.. thanks for the guide..
WOW bro u rocks THX! Its so awesome!
A useful guide, but you have not provided credit to the authors of this content. I suggest you do so.
(04-06-2010, 06:54 AM).D0T Wrote: [ -> ]A useful guide, but you have not provided credit to the authors of this content. I suggest you do so.

(04-06-2010, 06:47 AM)BO0GEYMAN Wrote: [ -> ]WOW bro u rocks THX! Its so awesome!

(04-06-2010, 06:41 AM)BrainDeadFreak Wrote: [ -> ]Looks nice.. thanks for the guide..

Thanks Guys!
Like I said in my previous post, I suggest you provide credit to the authors of this content. Otherwise I will have to report you. Oui
OMG, this is awesome :O
Nice tutorial, I love it !
(04-06-2010, 09:41 AM)Julie Wrote: [ -> ]OMG, this is awesome :O
Nice tutorial, I love it !

thanks dude! Rolleyes
Please include the source , i dont think so u done this
I saw this on Hack Forums too, nice work.
Pages: 1 2