Support Forums

Full Version: How to Open .Rar Files on a Mac
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Expand the Files With Decompression Software

Step1

Learn about .rar files. .Rar files are popular with Windows users (the main .rar expander being WinRar), but you can also open .rar files on your Mac.

Step2
Use StuffIt Expander if your computer runs Mac OS X. This program is built in to the system. You can use StuffIt Expander to decompress .rar files on your Mac (see Resources below). StuffIt Expander also opens several other compressed file types.

Step3
Use a decompression tool such as UnrarX to open .rar files on a Mac (see Resources below). UnrarX is available for Mac OS X 10.0 and higher.

Step4
Download software such as RAR Expander, which supports Apple scripts and can also expand multiple archives at once (See Resources below).

Step5
Open .rar files on your Mac by dragging the files and then dropping them onto the icon for your expander software. The software will then decompress and open the files so you can use them.

This is not written by me i found this on ehow.com , but i think this is useful
post ur views if u like it
thanks
Great guide, Notieboie.

Altought I am on Windows XP, this should help out Mac users.

Thanks you.
Personally, I like UnrarX. Quick, simple, and powerful.
Yeah, I actually didn't know this lol. I tried to open a .rar file on my unlcles mac but I couldn't. I am going to tell this to my uncle Smile Great guide. It will hopefulle help a lot of mac users.

Thank you.

-Currymanz™-
(04-06-2010, 05:00 AM)Risto Wrote: [ -> ]Great guide, Notieboie.

Altought I am on Windows XP, this should help out Mac users.

Thanks you.

Thanks buddy
(04-06-2010, 05:02 AM)Currymanz™ Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I actually didn't know this lol. I tried to open a .rar file on my unlcles mac but I couldn't. I am going to tell this to my uncle Smile Great guide. It will hopefulle help a lot of mac users.

Thank you.

-Currymanz™-

Thanks , glad to help you