Support Forums

Full Version: Universal Language
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone agree a universal language that everyone understood would be beneficial?

I know there's math, but I'm talking about a language like English, Spanish, German, etc etc

If you think it would be hard for people to learn it, just think of math.

It could be taught all over and everyone would be more involved with what other cultures are doing and it could really benefit everyone.
Did they not try and make one, I cant remember the name, but It failed.
Yes i agree with this topic, but it would never happen...

English is one of the main languanges spokane in many places around the world, yet Chinese has more speakers because of the population in those regions.

Not everyone will learn Chinese, English, or one specific languange.
But its a great idea.
Not everyone will learn English, but I am sure 70% of the worlds population knows english. Not counting people living in slums and so on.
(04-06-2010, 10:46 AM)PaaYbAAcK Wrote: [ -> ]Not everyone will learn English, but I am sure 70% of the worlds population knows english. Not counting people living in slums and so on.

Yup, English for the win.

Many a people know English whether it be their primary or secondary language.
(04-06-2010, 10:46 AM)PaaYbAAcK Wrote: [ -> ]Not everyone will learn English, but I am sure 70% of the worlds population knows english. Not counting people living in slums and so on.

The 'constructed' languages whose purpose was exactly this that I can think of at the moment are: Ido, Lojban, and Esperanto.

Esperanto is very simple, but no one uses it.

OT,
English is fine imo.
I believe English is soon to take over Chinese because it seems like less people are learning Chinese than English nowadays.
It's called Sign Language.
(04-06-2010, 04:58 PM)Heli0s Wrote: [ -> ]It's called Sign Language.

Sign Language is not a universal language. American Sign Language isn't similar at all to Finnish Sign Language, for example. Australia uses Auslan (Australian Sign Language), England uses British Sign Language (BSL), America uses ASL, New Zealand uses New Zealand Sign Language, Ireland uses Irish Sign Language, and so on. American Sign Language shares some similarities with French Sign Language, but they aren't mutually inter intelligible by any means.
I believe English will be the world default language, meaning everyone would have to learn it no matter what country you are in.