Support Forums

Full Version: Wireless not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, one day a few months ago, my wireless randomly stopped working after my computer crashed.

Last night, after another crash, it actually worked. At the startup, after logging on to my account, I saw "Installing (something something) PC to PCI Ethernet (something)" on the "installing new hardware."

It worked for a while, then I crashed again, and it stopped. Now I can only use a wired connection.

Help?
Do you get an error? Does your router show up? Adaptor properly installed?
try reinstalling or upgrading ur os. it might resolve all prblms.
Try reinstalling the CD which is included in the wireless router package. That will most probably work because as you said, your computer crashed, I think there are some files which have been corrupted or removed.
Does your wireless driver show up in Drivers & Devices?
(04-08-2010, 04:25 AM)smileyface Wrote: [ -> ]Try reinstalling the CD which is included in the wireless router package. That will most probably work because as you said, your computer crashed, I think there are some files which have been corrupted or removed.

This should be your "last" solution....

Check the wireless drivers... replace them, or check the internet if there are any latest updates available (always download from manufacturers site) ...
Well, I usually resort to my final hope. I feel down when I check and check but cannot find the true source of the error.
If you are using a laptop , there should be a button where u click to turn wireless on/off
Maybe u turned it off?..
(04-08-2010, 05:14 AM)Teh Wrote: [ -> ]If you are using a laptop , there should be a button where u click to turn wireless on/off
Maybe u turned it off?..

Nah, I didn't. I have an Acer Aspire 5500. If I hit the wireless button, says device is not found.

(I can't find the device, or CD)

Also, Westell Verizon router. My brothers laptop can connect find.

I've factory restored. Nothing. PLEASE help...

My wireless driver does not show up, and my wireless connection does not show in "Connect to a network."
Hmm, try to install the newest driver, or reformat the harddrive and install another OS.
Pages: 1 2