Support Forums

Full Version: How to use Iso's without a Burner.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The First thing you need is the drive emulator, ive found that clonedrive is the best, download it from here http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html
( you want the bottom 1 that ive elegantly outlined in red lol )

[Image: TLVuubXE.jpeg]

Once the programme has downloaded proceed to install it and set its file association how you want it ( if your unsure, just leave everything ticked and click next )

[Image: NhHsiVEO.jpeg]

after its installed if you look in "my computer" you will notice you have an extra drive (HD DVD-ROM)
in my case its the E: drive

[Image: X2N7OmVp.jpeg]

To make it even easier to determine which is the clone drive, you can open up the clonedrive programme from the start menu and put a tick in the "Virtual sheep" box
( you could also change the amount of virtual drives up to 15 if you like )

[Image: 7wkqQvl0.jpeg]

Once you have selected the "Virtual sheep" option you can look in "my computer" and notice that the virtual drive now has a sheep icon to make it more noticeable:

[Image: u8Ec3bqr.jpeg]

OK now that the drive emulator is installed you can move on to installing the game you have downloaded.

First check the .NFO file thats inside the downloaded games folder and see what it tells you to do.

So extract the game using winRAR or alternative programme and you should end up with the.ISO file. In this picture the ISO shows with the clonedrive sheep icon as i associated clonedrive with ISO files when i installed it so all i need to do is double click the ISO and it will open the autoplay and allow me to autorun Smile

if you didnt associate clonedrive with ISO files when installing it then you will have to go to Start>My Computer and right click on the drive emulator and select "Virtual clonedrive>Mount... and then manually browse your file directory for the ISO you want

Either way you will end up with the initial game screen that will allow to install the game, so install it Smile

Once the game has finished installing make sure you exit it A.S.A.P before you do anything else

Ok the next thing the .NFO says to do is to copy the crack from the ISO into the folder i installed the game into on my C: drive. So go to "My Computer" and right click the mounted ISO and click explore ( or open ):

Locate the cracked file/files, theyre normally in a folder called "Crack" :-O suprise, suprise

Open the crack folder and you will see the crack file/files, right click them and then left click "Copy"

Now you can close that folder and navigate towards the games install directory on your hard drive ( its normally in C:>Programme files> * Name of game * ) and look through the folder and subdirectorys ( if its not in the first folder then its normally in the sub folder named "bin" ) until you see a file that has the same name and icon as the crack file you've just copied. Once you see it , right click an open area of the folder and left click "paste"

If done correctly a box will pop up asking if you want copy and replace, Don't copy or copy and keep both files, be sure to select copy and replace

Thats it. Now play your game Big Grin

I did not write this guide, but if you have questions I can help you with this. This only works on Windows Vista and above, because the software doesn't support XP and I haven't tried other OS's.
Cool but most people knew this. But Nice great post.
Interesting TUT. I actually was NOT aware of this method.
(04-05-2010, 06:57 PM)Deities Wrote: [ -> ]Cool but most people knew this. But Nice great post.

Actually most people I have talked to didn't know this.
I didn't know this, but I use Windows 7, so if I open an ISO, it instantly asks if I want to burn it and if so, to where?
Nice red rings Big Grin Nice tut and quality post Smile
I think everybody knows this! But thx again! It nice tut!
Well I didn't know this... >.<
(04-06-2010, 07:47 AM)Shadaw Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't know this, but I use Windows 7, so if I open an ISO, it instantly asks if I want to burn it and if so, to where?
You need to have VCD installed before hand.
(04-06-2010, 10:14 AM)Prone Wrote: [ -> ]Nice red rings Big Grin Nice tut and quality post Smile
lol thank you
(04-06-2010, 10:23 AM)BO0GEYMAN Wrote: [ -> ]I think everybody knows this! But thx again! It nice tut!
Okay, who are you to speak for everyone? If you read any of the other posts you would know that several people did not know this.
I never knew there was a method like this, thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3