Support Forums

Full Version: I am having chronic dreams where dogs attack me.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is not meant to be a funny post, but it's not really serious anyway, or else I'd post it in the emotional support section.

About.. 6 months ago, I was out walking, and some dog chased me and bit me leg before I threw a rock at it. Anyway, as of late, I've been having dreams over and over where I get bit by a dog. The most recent dream was where 3 dogs were trying to maul me. I just keep having them and have no idea why.
(04-04-2010, 05:50 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: [ -> ]This is not meant to be a funny post, but it's not really serious anyway, or else I'd post it in the emotional support section.

About.. 6 months ago, I was out walking, and some dog chased me and bit me leg before I threw a rock at it. Anyway, as of late, I've been having dreams over and over where I get bit by a dog. The most recent dream was where 3 dogs were trying to maul me. I just keep having them and have no idea why.

maybe walk around with some dog food in your pocket, just to be on the safe side. Tongue
Try looking around a little more, maybe there are more dogs around your house now?
It's just a fear of dogs. You keep re-living the moment. The trick is to just get over / past it. Go out walking with some dogs; prove to yourself that they're not scary.
Post dramatic trauma,
do you have a fear of dogs?
I had a similar experience when I was a teen. I was a paperboy and the meanest rotweiler attacked me. For weeks I had nightmares and I was scared to go near that house. I've never liked dogs much and to be honest I have a lot of experiences where dogs just get on my nerves.

This probably isn't helpful because I've never overcome my dislike for most dogs. Especially ones that bark or jump on you. I find them highly annoying.

As for the nightmares. Just try to empower yourself in the dream where you kill the dog. Weild a sword and butcher it.
Well, I don't know what to say really.
But maybe you could try getting closer to dogs and you might stop having nightmares?
This could either be a subconscious manifestation of you newly acquired fear of dogs or this could mean something else entirely. I had a dream once that I was bitten by a snake and thought it meant I had a fear of snakes, only to find out that when interpreted it means that someone close to you is going to betray you. I looked up your dream on a few websites and have included what I think to be a good piece of information here in a spoiler.

Maybe if you talk about your happenings with someone, it will help this stop.. Like a parent, or counselor.
That is very weird.
Maybe try talking to someone?
Cause i would be scared shitless Smile
Pages: 1 2