Support Forums

Full Version: What softwere should i use?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Im new to all the fourm things and im looking to run my own forum what softwere would you suggest i have allways bean a fan of mybb but many people use vbulletin . Please tell me what you think i should use
Personally, I would go MyBB. It's great and it's free.
Hmm thanks i might just take you up on that one. Many people say that mybb has not got as many good mods as vbulletin is that true?
Even though you're banned; I'll answer it for other people.

No, I don't know who told you that but it's a lie. There are many really great mods you can have for MyBB.
vBulletin is nicer and comes ready to go without having to put in many mods at all, but it's very costly. I'd only use it if you KNOW you're going to have a lot of users or something. However, I think MyBB's user CP is a lot cleaner than vBulletin's. It's all a matter of preference.
MyBB can be used for all kinds of mods but VBulletin is a lot safer and better for the long run.
If you want mods, get MyBB. IPB is becoming very good, vBulletin is falling. vBulletin is the top still, but IPB is coming around the corner. vBulletin has things like iTrader and vBArcade, and some other things, so you might want to do that for your user's best pleasure. MyBB isn't very popular.
Easy answer here, MyBB, has good mods right now, Also agree with Yin that vBulletin is failing, i seem to be noticing that a lot of sites are switching to MyBB.
IPB is getting pro but for mods its MyBB. Unless Vbulletin can bring is back up its just the same forum all over with new updates. IPB is more cleaner and easier to use while matching VB's status.
I would go with MyBB, it really is easy to use and customize things if you know HTML, and another good software to go with your FTP is filezilla.

EDIT** Guess not, his account is closed lol.
Pages: 1 2