Support Forums

Full Version: Reparing or replacing DC socket?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey I recently had to buy a new AC power cord for my laptop because it was ripping already. This was due to all the fiddling that I had to do because I wouldn't connect right. Now from all the fiddling I made the DC power socket loose. I have looked up how to fix it but I am not good at soldering. What would be the cheapest way to go about this? Anybody have any experience on this?
Hello.
Are you talking about the fitting from where the power cable plugs into the laptop?
Correct.

Too short..
(04-06-2010, 01:20 AM)BrainDeadFreak Wrote: [ -> ]Correct.

Too short..

Seriously, I would take it into a shop. Are you accessing SF on another computer?
(04-06-2010, 10:55 PM)Irelandrulz2 Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously, I would take it into a shop. Are you accessing SF on another computer?
No I'm on the computer with the loose DC socket. I have the power cord kind of side ways.
(04-06-2010, 11:09 PM)BrainDeadFreak Wrote: [ -> ]No I'm on the computer with the loose DC socket. I have the power cord kind of side ways.

So, is everything alright?
(04-06-2010, 11:11 PM)Irelandrulz2 Wrote: [ -> ]So, is everything alright?

No. I have to fiddle with the cord to make it work. The socket is loose and not all the way broken.
Hmm, Sounds a bit tricky.

That's why I have a friend that is a computer repair specalist. He does all my work for free lol
(04-07-2010, 12:23 AM)Detective RooTz Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, Sounds a bit tricky.

That's why I have a friend that is a computer repair specalist. He does all my work for free lol

Damn you lol.. I have a friend too. But he currently lives in Virginia. I live in California Sad
Can't you take it into your local IT shop and let them have a look, you don't want to mess it up.
Pages: 1 2