Support Forums

Full Version: How can I add a bg image to the outer background of my forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK, see how SF has this image as it's "outer bg" and green as its immediate bg (if you understand what I mean)?
[Image: bg.png]

How can I implement that into my forum? My image is:
[Image: mif8sw.gif]

But, in global.css, I see this image, which is my immediate bg:

This is the code:
Code:
body {
    background-image: url(images/brushed/background.jpg);
    color: #000;
    font-family: Verdana, Arial, Sans-Serif;
    font-size: 13px;
    text-align: center; /* IE 5 fix */
    line-height: 1.4;
}

Any idea?
Set the background color for #container to whatever colour you want then the sriped image for the body background.
(03-30-2010, 08:22 PM)Tim Wrote: [ -> ]Set the background color for #container to whatever colour you want then the sriped image for the body background.

Adding it to #container produces this effect:

[Image: 3166vpi.jpg]
Rename the image you want to set to background.jpg and then move it into your FTP. It will essentially overwrite the current background, thus leaving you with your new one. Smile
(04-01-2010, 07:36 AM)Skill Wrote: [ -> ]Rename the image you want to set to background.jpg and then move it into your FTP. It will essentially overwrite the current background, thus leaving you with your new one. Smile

No.. I want both images to be part of my forum. I want the stripes on the outside, where it is currently white, and the other gray slate-looking image to be the actual background, as it is now.
(04-01-2010, 10:47 AM)Elektrisk Wrote: [ -> ]No.. I want both images to be part of my forum. I want the stripes on the outside, where it is currently white, and the other gray slate-looking image to be the actual background, as it is now.

Oh, my apologies, I misunderstood. I don't know how to do that. Sad

Is it just me or is your hosting account suspended? I get the following message when I visit the page: This Account Has Been Suspended
(04-01-2010, 11:10 AM)Skill Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, my apologies, I misunderstood. I don't know how to do that. Sad

Is it just me or is your hosting account suspended? I get the following message when I visit the page: This Account Has Been Suspended

Yes. I've having terrible luck with hosts, it appears.
If I could find a stable & cheap one for a small forum that allows for paying via PayPal, I'd be set.
http://theforumforge.com

I'm almost certain they accept PayPal and it's not too expensive, either.
(03-31-2010, 05:50 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: [ -> ]Adding it to #container produces this effect:

[Image: 3166vpi.jpg]

Yes, thats why you apply that image to the body tag, and the solid colour to #container, like I said.
Tim's right, you put the #fff in the container section, then the url with the stripe in the body background section.
Pages: 1 2